9 replies to this topic

#1 Praesentius

Praesentius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hey guys,

Before I RMA this MP9, I thought I would run the issue past the crowd and see if I get any hits.  

The problem it is having manifests itself in a couple ways.  First, if you rack it without a magazine in it and pull the trigger, you should get a nice click.  About half the time when doing that, it doesn't.

The other is that when I put a magazine in and rack it, I can fire a single round or a burst of full auto.  But when I let go of the trigger and squeeze again, nothing.  I have to drop the mag, rack the gun, push the mag back in and get my one round/one burst.

I disassembled the gun and cleaned it and it acted the same upon reassembly.  

Any thoughts on that?  If I can fix it myself, I prefer to do that, but the internals of this gun are not terribly familiar to me... yet.

Thanks!

#2 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, guns

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

on thing to check is when it wont fire if can to push the bolt forward to make it fire, if so you need to stretch the disconnector spring. mine had the same problem would fire one shot then stop and you could use ur finger to push the bolt forward about and 1/8 of an inch and it would fire

#3 Praesentius

Praesentius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

To tell you the truth, I was prepared to tell you that I was sure the bolt closed all the way.  But, I gave it a try and I think you may be right.  I'll crack the gun open, try your suggestion and let you know.  

Thanks again!

#4 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

your welcome let us  know

#5 Praesentius

Praesentius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I have yet to disassemble the cylinder head, but I now believe that is where my problem is.  And this post, http://kwausa.com/fo...ring#entry42540, sounds like it.  I pulled out a very thin spring that was protruding.  Here's a link to the picture:  http://tinypic.com/r/214qzxz/6  See the squiggly spring?

I guess I just need to disassemble the cylinder head and order replacement part 87.  

Does that sound about right?

#6 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

yeah that is the cylinder return springs

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

2 new cylinder springs will do the trick.....use a very small amount of super glue to adhere the spring to their posts once in place.

#8 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

as gcw said a very small  amount of super glue cant tell you how many return spring i have ruined from my fat fingers squeezing too much out and gluing them to the cylinder

#9 Praesentius

Praesentius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Great advice.  I'm a bit of a superglue king, so I should be able to pull off some precision gluing.  

I should throw a shout-out to the KWA helpdesk staff.  The return springs were marked as "out of stock" and they went out and added them back to the website... same day.  

I ordered two pairs for safety's sake.  Thanks again, guys.  You've been a great help!

#10 fightin-irish2-2

fightin-irish2-2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

mine does that when i have to first chamber my gun idk why ive cleaned it and such forth but

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users