• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 monkeyman

monkeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

I am currently running a kwa mp9 that has a firing issue. The gun will fire once or twice maybe even a couple of times but then (from looking at the ejection port on the side) the gun doesn't seem to make the full return to the reset position. If I attempt to pull the trigger it has no affect on the firing pin, I have to push it forward so it can go back to the reset position.  So I need a bit of help on this one.Can anyone point out what the issue could be or lend some advice.Thank you

come on you apes you wana live foreva!!

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Is your nozzle sticking out when the bolt doesn't make a full reset? If it is, your nozzle is causing the "jam" issue by not returning and probably lost(broke) one or two of your cylinder return springs.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Quick questions, how long have you had the gun, are you the original owner, and how long has this been happening?

If what Outlaw posted isn't the issue, I would stretch part#162 the Disconnector Spring. This spring has caused this malfunction in some MP9's including my own.  Take a flat head screwdriver and release a  bit of the tension on the spring by giving a little "twist" in between the coils.  Not too much though, there is no going back once you've done this.  If the problem persists, KWA can fix it for you.

See the parts diagram here; http://kwausa.com/fi...S02V01_KMP9.jpg

Keep us posted and good luck!

#4 monkeyman

monkeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Its a brand new bolt so cant be that. I will try the spring fix and let you know how it goes.

come on you apes you wana live foreva!!

#5 fightin-irish2-2

fightin-irish2-2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

i have a similar issue except mine fires every other shot on semi auto but works fine on full auto
although my father who is a pistol tech had to jerry rig something to make it fire and i believe its the spring
although the peice that was missing was the one that connected the trigger to the firing mechanism
anyone help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users