What is the difference between these two M4's?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BiOjOsH--

BiOjOsH--

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hi there,
I'm new to this forum, so don't bite my head off if this has been posted in the wrong place.
I'm looking to start airsoft, and two guns have cropped up that I like the look of. I am looking to buy one  from airsoftworld.net and they are both two tone. I'm talking about the KMA M4A1 2GX and the KWA M4 PDW 2GX. As far as I can tell, the there is no difference in the two guns besides the longer barrel on the M4A1 but there is a £30 price difference. Could someone please enlighten me?

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

A Personal Defensive Weapon (PDW) will have a very short barrel and a lower muzzle velocity in both real and airsoft configurations.  I've seen 320-330fps quoted for this gun.  I've never seen a KWA PDW but it probably is mechanically the same as the M4A1.  I assume the PDW is more expensive based on both the "kool factor" and low production.

-- Chuck

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

In addition to what Chuck has stated. KWA makes a sport line M4 series called the CQR's, if this is available in your area, I highly recommend picking one up. It will save you money, and will give you the same reliability you will get with the M4A1.
Also, please link the PDW you are talking about!
Welcome to the forum!

#4 BiOjOsH--

BiOjOsH--

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostChuck S, on 06 November 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

A Personal Defensive Weapon (PDW) will have a very short barrel and a lower muzzle velocity in both real and airsoft configurations.  I've seen 320-330fps quoted for this gun.  I've never seen a KWA PDW but it probably is mechanically the same as the M4A1.  I assume the PDW is more expensive based on both the "kool factor" and low production.

-- Chuck

Hi,
This the 'PDW' rifle that's in question. Doesn't look much of a PDW to me, just a slightly shorter barrel than the standard M4.

'http://www.airsoftwo...-rifle-2gx.html'

Regards,

Josh

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

That's the KM4A1 CQB model, with the green body to pass some European countries' laws. This gun (and its real steel counterpart) is not considered a PDW... it's a CQBR (Close Quarters Battle Rifle) since it has a 10.3 inch (or close to) barrel.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 07 November 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Here's the KM4-CQB in non-safety green (on top).  It's not a PDW by any stretch, just a shorty barrel.  A standard M4 Carbine below.

Posted Image

Compare to the size of the MP7 which is a true PDW.

Posted Image

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 07 November 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm crying right now looking at the puke green on a KWA. :cry:

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Amen to that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users