philippe07024, on 19 May 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:
Here are my setup so far for my KWA SR10:
1. Quality heavy ammo: Evike .32g bio
2. Hop-up Unit: Bucking: Lonex 70 Degree. No other mod in this section.
3. 455mm Inner Barrel: MadBull 455mm/6.03tbb.
4. Full / Type-O Cylinder: VFC cylinder (very polished finish)
5. Scope and Bi-pod: NC Star 3-9x50E Scope and Scar Type Vertical Support Tactical Bi-pod Grip
6. Barrel lock-Down / Vibration Control: minimal so far: a piece of paper to lock the inner barrel from moving at the flash hider, nothing on hop up for now.
Comments and observation:
-As mentioned in a previous post, after installation of the full/ type 0 cylinder I noticed a 10-15fps loss. I am at 345-350 with .25g.
-The Lonex bucking is quite tedious to install. I had cut my previous Lonex 50 to fit. (I did not cut the Lonex 70 as I contemplate doing the Teflon mod.) The bucking is too thick and it stretches a lot when inserting it on the inner barrel in the hop-up unit. This resulted in close to 1mm of the bucking showing in the C clip location. The C clip could not fit really well.
-When shooting, the BBs started to curve down around 120 feet. I believe the effect of the hop-up was not sufficient: for example I could not setup the hop up for the BBS to curve up. It must be linked to a bad installation of the hop up discussed in previous note.
Advice and suggestions are welcome.
Good job on the effort you have put in your gun build so far.
Once everything gets dialed in, you will love the shooting performance of your gun.
BTW: Did you replace the stock Piston Head O-ring with a better one?
Also: Forget Barrel Lock-Down for now. Save that for latter.
Focus your efforts on everything shooting great with the free-float Hop-up and then come back later to Barrel Lock-Down. Barrel Lock-Down is more involved with free-float Hop-ups.
If you have multiple ? due to your gun not performing like it should or like you expect at the moment, it is better to remove added variables that can trip you up along the way.
I shoot 330' and farther with no Barrel Lock-Down at all, so that is not the primary thing to think about.
The ammo you chose is terrible.
MATRIX / EVIKE brand is notorious for issues, especially with their bb's.
These bb's will simply cause you problems, especially their bio's.
Lonex 70 Degree Bucking:
Be very patient with installing the Lonex 70 Degree Bucking.
it will go in, it will go in properly, and it will perform amazingly well.
I always use 100% Pure Silicone oil to install this bucking.
I use Team Associated 30wt Shock-Oil.
Swab some in the Hop-up Tube and on the Bucking.
Remember, I use a Mega Teflon Mod.
So if I can get this Bucking in the KWA Hop-up Unit properly with the massive added thickness of the Teflon Tape, you can get it in there in stock form.
- You must do this with the Hop-up Unit dis-assembled, or forget about it ever working right.
- Swab Hop-up Tube and Bucking with the Pure Silicone oil.
- Insert slowly but aggressively.
- Push it through the open C-clip area and stop at the entrance to the Hop-up Unit.
- This will now be the hardest part, but is much easier than you think.
- Simply push really hard and the Bucking will slip right in.
- At this moment, do not go all the way to the end. Just push it in a few mm's.
- Stop, pull back a bit, then push forward again.
If you push all the way from the start, then the Bucking Lips may slide back over the Inner Barrel.
This is why I push forward a few mm's, then stop and come back a bit, then push forward again.
Do this at least three times until you get all the way forward to the end.
- When I reach the end of the Hop-up Unit where the Bucking Lips seat, I will then pull back a mm or two a handfull of times and then push all the way forward again. This always makes sure the Bucking Lips get seated correctly.
I install this Bucking all the time.
I have 5 KWA guns at the moment that belong to Customers in my condo right now, just finished one of them.
I just installed a Lonex 70 Degree in the one I finished and will install Lonex 70 Degrees in the remaining four guns and all will have the Mega Teflon Mod.
It can be done, it is not as hard as you think.
The first time will always seem to take forever.
Remember, dis-assemble the Hop-up Unit t do this or forget about it ever working.