• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ravinoff

Ravinoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

I've had my MP9 for a while now (since June, I think), and I've noticed that the upper receiver doesn't fit tightly to the lower at the rear. I can actually pull it up far enough for the spring guide to pop loose from its slot in the rear plate. I tried the tightening method posted here before (hex bolt in foregrip/under rail), but that didn't help. Any ideas how to solve this?

#2 SlenderKen

SlenderKen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Can you post a picture of your gun?  (Front and back).  I'll do my best to help you out.

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

I believe there should be a screw on the muzzle end of the gun (above the barrel) that secures the top cover to the frame. See if that screw is still there.

#4 Ravinoff

Ravinoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

Okay, I don't know how visible it is here, but I tried to get a picture. The screw over the muzzle is fine, this is at the rear of the receiver.Posted Image

#5 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Is the recoil spring guide sticking out of the hole in the back of the frame? Thats how mine looks when I am putting it back together. Until I get that guide rod positioned properly at least.

#6 Ravinoff

Ravinoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostHuntsman82, on 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Is the recoil spring guide sticking out of the hole in the back of the frame? Thats how mine looks when I am putting it back together. Until I get that guide rod positioned properly at least.

View PostHuntsman82, on 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Yep, guide rod is where it should be.

#7 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Okay then I'm stumped without seeing more pics.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostRavinoff, on 19 March 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Okay, I don't know how visible it is here, but I tried to get a picture. The screw over the muzzle is fine, this is at the rear of the receiver.Posted Image
Push the spring guide forward while seating the upper until it locks in place.  Once it snaps into place release the spring guide rod.  This should work and be easy to accomplish.

#9 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thanks gcw. That's what I was getting around to just didn't spell it out. I tried to make mine look like that tonight and it was because of the exact reason you just explained.

#10 Ravinoff

Ravinoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Ah! I think I get what you mean now! It seems like what's happening is that the spring guide rod is hanging up on the retainer in the lower receiver and not popping out fully. With the upper off, I can give it a little nudge and it comes out about another quarter inch or so. What it looks like to me is...this may be easier to explain with pictures. Just using this upgrade part from eHobby for an example, I'm not using it but it's the same design for what matters.

It seems like the circled, raised section is butting up against the U-shaped retainer in the lower receiver and preventing the spring guide from fully seating. Now it's just a matter of trying to get it to line up properly while putting on the upper.
Posted Image

#11 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Yep that's it. It should just pop right in if its seated properly.

#12 Ravinoff

Ravinoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Okay, so, this still isn't working for me. There's gonna be something out of alignment. I can get it seated properly when the upper is pulled off, but when I push in the retainer to put the upper back on, it doesn't line up right again. I pulled the charging handle off to get a picture of the issue when it's mounted, here. See how the piece circled above is snagging somehow?

Posted Image

#13 Chavez

Chavez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

DONE:
Ive just been sanding the rod itself and the hole where its going in both very slightly. Its enough and now it fits like a glove and the uppet receiver is rock solid! Yay! :!

Check this thread for further explenation:

http://kwausa.com/fo...115#entry100694

#14 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Happy to hear it's resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users