• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 airsofting4life

airsofting4life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

I need some help fixing my kwa atp, I was taking it apart to oil it, and when i put the slide back on it, the slide was stuck back and wouldn't come free. Before i try to send it to KWA does anyone how how to fix it.

#2 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Release the mag and pull the trigger?

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

If that doesn't work let us know.   Sometimes realigning the spring guide can help.

#4 musicianairsofter

musicianairsofter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting,
    violin,
    my fiance'

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

my barrel always get's jammed in my lide. try and move it back as far as possible and push forward fast. not to hard you dont want it o crack but alittle force.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

View Postmusicianairsofter, on 29 October 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

my barrel always get's jammed in my lide. try and move it back as far as possible and push forward fast. not to hard you dont want it o crack but alittle force.

Do you have the updated metal recoil spring guide rod?  Just wondering

#6 musicianairsofter

musicianairsofter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting,
    violin,
    my fiance'

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

yes i have a new ATP

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

How new?

#8 bassicallydoug

bassicallydoug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

I just purchased an ATP and I'm having slide problems.  Sometimes the slide won't pull back and sometimes it doesn't return completely after firing (lacks approx. 1/4" being flush with body) and the pistol will not fire again until I pull the slide back and re-cock it, if I can.  This is annoying when you have the drop on an enemy and the pistol doesn't fire.  By the time I pull the slide back I'm dead.  I just purchased the gun a few days ago at Airsoft Atlanta and I mentioned my concern about the reported slide problems.  They told me that the slide problems had been solved.  I have noticed that the recoil spring guide is plastic, and the spring seems weak.  My M19 has an upgraded spring and it works great!  I'm surprised that a company like KWA wouldn't take the extra care with the ATP to be sure it is solid, especially since it is a replacement for the Glock.

Edited by bassicallydoug, 01 January 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

View Postbassicallydoug, on 01 January 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

I just purchased an ATP and I'm having slide problems.  Sometimes the slide won't pull back and sometimes it doesn't return completely after firing (lacks approx. 1/4" being flush with body) and the pistol will not fire again until I pull the slide back and re-cock it, if I can.  This is annoying when you have the drop on an enemy and the pistol doesn't fire.  By the time I pull the slide back I'm dead.  I just purchased the gun a few days ago at Airsoft Atlanta and I mentioned my concern about the reported slide problems.  They told me that the slide problems had been solved.  I have noticed that the recoil spring guide is plastic, and the spring seems weak.  My M19 has an upgraded spring and it works great!  I'm surprised that a company like KWA wouldn't take the extra care with the ATP to be sure it is solid, especially since it is a replacement for the Glock.
Bassicallydoug - Welcome to the KWA Forums and sorry to hear you are having issues.  From the sounds of it you have one of the first generation ATPs.  All ATPs currently come with a metal spring guides.  To confirm the current generation of your ATP, is there any chance you can post a picture of your gun showing the slide, trades, and orange tip?  Also, does you gun have an integrated trigger safety?  All current ATPs do but the first ones didn't.  The reason I am asking these questions is:
  • I am surprised there are any new first generation ATPs out there - Subsequent generations have eliminated a number of issues including the slide getting stuck and have be significantly improved upon.   Don't get me wrong, I have a first run ATP and it works great, but I have also had it worked on (by me and KWA to get it working so well).
  • Knowing if this is an early ATP will help to potentially get you up and running.
See here: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=6488

The link above is for the early ATPs.  This shouldn't be an issue with later models.

I replaced the plastic spring guide in mine with a metal one and this yielded a vast improvement in reliability

#10 sundalo42

sundalo42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hey there. So same problem, but I was rough on trying to put back the slide to the close position and ended up damaging the lower part of it. Tried racking it back and forth. But the operation was not smooth, unable to pull back the slide. Tried firing, did not cycle back. It's stuck in close position, and and it will just release all of the gas.
This is Gen 2. Purchased it from AIrsoft GI last April 2012. It was working fine until I was showing to someone and told him I have never had a single issue with it. Now I'm afraid I might jinxed myself.
Is it possible for me to bring my ATP your office since I live within 20 miles. Thanks.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

View Postsundalo42, on 13 January 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

Hey there. So same problem, but I was rough on trying to put back the slide to the close position and ended up damaging the lower part of it. Tried racking it back and forth. But the operation was not smooth, unable to pull back the slide. Tried firing, did not cycle back. It's stuck in close position, and and it will just release all of the gas.
This is Gen 2. Purchased it from AIrsoft GI last April 2012. It was working fine until I was showing to someone and told him I have never had a single issue with it. Now I'm afraid I might jinxed myself.
Is it possible for me to bring my ATP your office since I live within 20 miles. Thanks.
Yes, you can drive right over Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30.

#12 sundalo42

sundalo42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Thanks. I'll be there sometime this week.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slide frame, help, atp, kwa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users