• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Leadmunitions

Leadmunitions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just wondering if this is an easy install. Mine broke on me the other day. I am new to airsoft and have yet to open the gearbox. Should i try and tackle this repair or just send it out for repair.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

In all honesty, if you have never tried a gear box repair, I would say that you should send it to someone who knows what they are doing.  The best bet being KWA.  The second best being someone who works on KWA's ...a lot.  Not that you should be afraid of the gearbox.  The way many of us learned was by tearing one down and then trial and error.  If you are game for that...we are here to help.  But if you want a guaranteed and warrantied repair, send it to KWA.

#3 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

If you know it is broken, i presume you must have removed the GB from the gun. The selector is outside of the gearbox and a very simple remove and replace. The KWA selector is TM compatible so any replacement will do, and the part is less than five bucks. The trick is the little nub from the trigger spring retains the selector plate so you will need to lift the selector over it.

Then the next trick is putting the GB back in the lower receiver. To get it back you will need to change position of the selector on the lower as you move the little nub past things on the GB while sliding the GB into the lower until it lines up with the selector plate slot as you push it home.

I would agree with the mod above if you never took a GB apart and were not looking to learn, but the selector plate is an easy fix.

#4 Leadmunitions

Leadmunitions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the feed back guys, i think i will try and replace it myself. I been wanting to learn the inner workings of the gearbox anyways. So if i read correctly phil, i don't have to take apart the gearbox to remove the selector plate. I got it broken down to see the broken plate, so removing it is a simple lift off and replace?

#5 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostLeadmunitions, on 28 October 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

Thanks for the feed back guys, i think i will try and replace it myself. I been wanting to learn the inner workings of the gearbox anyways. So if i read correctly phil, i don't have to take apart the gearbox to remove the selector plate. I got it broken down to see the broken plate, so removing it is a simple lift off and replace?

Exactly. It takes a little finessing but once you get it, the plate goes on without thinking about it much. To be perfectly honest, the only one I ever broke was the first one I tried to remove, but now it practically falls off when I look at it.

Peace

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Of course the best and safest way to remove the selector plate is to open the gear box and take the  safety arm and cut off lever off.  :)

#7 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 31 October 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Of course the best and safest way to remove the selector plate is to open the gear box and take the  safety arm and cut off lever off.  :)

huh???????????????????????????????????????????? G36

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

LMAO

Sorry, I thought I was reading in the M4 section. :P

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Yea, I had the same senior moment earlier in this thread....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users