3 replies to this topic

#1 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Well, the screws on my m9 ptp tactical were tightened way too tight, so when I need to replace my broken trigger spring, even with using the right hex key, I stripped the head on 3/4 of the screws on the pistol grip.
I had to drill the screws out (ended quite perfectly, threads on pistol don't even have a chip of paint missing. The screws are a different story :P) so I was looking for a set of replacement screws, preferably flat head. Anyone know where to get a set? If not I was looking at this: https://store.kwausa...ipscrewsx4.aspx
Would that work? I want to order the trigger spring and screws from the same website and for a cheap price, I assume that kwa pro shop is the best place because its factory direct replacement parts.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have a ptp tactical. So instead of flat head it's hex

Edited by Acelafan123, 19 October 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

These might work, and I can't check the threads until tonight.  But the M9 PTP grip screws ain't hex head (Allen) screws.  At least mine are not.  (Upper right.)

Posted Image

Ummmm, I may have put genuine Beretta grip screws in the pistol.  I'll check that too.

-- Chuck

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Those screws will work. The M9 has flathead screws while the M9 Tac comes with Allen key screws. Both screws will screw into the threads of the pistols. Also, if your total orders adds up to or is more than 30 bucks, put in coupon code "freeship" for free shipping. So if you want you can add bbs, etc. to make that order equal 30 bucks or more.

#4 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

I got the screws and they were the right diameter and thread size but they were too long. I cut them down to size and they work well, but the heads of the screws stick out a bit due to the fact being it was made for the m1911 instead of m9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users