6 replies to this topic

#1 mjassbong

mjassbong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting into airsoft and recently acquired a really old and used Mk 4 for 40 bucks. I took it apart to clean it. It shoots good, at 350+ fps with .20g bb. However, the trigger is really tight. I had to squeese hard to get a shot off. My friend has a newer MK 4 in od green (the bastard), and his trigger was soft and smooth.

Apart from that, it works great and I think I got a steal. But what could cause the tight trigger and what part or parts I should replace?

Mani

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

How was the trigger BEFORE you disassembled it?  The leaf spring under the mainspring housing controls the trigger weight to a large part.  If that's put in wrong several strange things can happen.

-- Chuck

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

View Postmjassbong, on 18 October 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting into airsoft and recently acquired a really old and used Mk 4 for 40 bucks. I took it apart to clean it. It shoots good, at 350+ fps with .20g bb. However, the trigger is really tight. I had to squeese hard to get a shot off. My friend has a newer MK 4 in od green (the bastard), and his trigger was soft and smooth.

Apart from that, it works great and I think I got a steal. But what could cause the tight trigger and what part or parts I should replace?

Mani
Is it tight or does it feel like it is sticking a bit? Is it almost like a "snap" as you engage the trigger like it's catching before engaging?  If so, you may simply need to adjust the trigger by turning part #96 the Trigger Screw which adjusts where the trigger engages.  Use a small hex bit or wrench to do this.

Here is a link to the Operator's Manual to help you out.

Hope this helps

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Looks like someone forgot the links.............................lol

http://kwausa.com/fi...V011911MKIV.jpg

http://kwausa.com/fi..._1911MK_V02.pdf

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 19 October 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Looks like someone forgot the links.............................lol

http://kwausa.com/fi...V011911MKIV.jpg

http://kwausa.com/fi..._1911MK_V02.pdf
:facepalm: thanks!

#6 mjassbong

mjassbong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

I only took out the barrels to clean. The trigger was tight before and after the cleaning. However, after I unloaded a few more rounds, the trigger response has improve dramatically. I guess it has been sitting one someone's shelf for a long time.

#7 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

If part #96 is a trigger "overtravel" screw either LockTite it in place or remove and discard it.  

This part is the cause of many trigger malfunctions in the centerfire versions of this pistol when folks take all the over travel out and then get sear reset malfunctions.  The overtravel screw has nothing to do with the trigger weight, just how far the trigger moves after the sear breaks.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 19 October 2012 - 02:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users