• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tigerqb4

Tigerqb4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Ok so I got my hands on an ATP because I heard they are great and I have shot a few that were owned by other people anyways all it has given me is problems. First the recoil buffer went. Easy fix thanks to kwa help desk. But now it fires a shot and sometimes it blows back and works but only the first shot most of the time it just fires the round and then drains all the gas out the barrel and I have to rack it so the gas stops spraying I normally use propane but don't tell me "oh you need to use silicone oil if  you use propane" trust me I do oil it. Anyways so problem is gas just sprays out barrel. Also I don't have any of the original boxing or any other proof of purchase.
Thanks please help
Dan

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Can you tell us the serial number on your gun? Early models were prone to this type of behavior. In some circumstances cleaning and lubricating the hammer/trigger assembly and working the parts to ensure no burrs are present on the metal  can resolve this.  Give it a try and see if it works.  FYI, there are a number of early ATP threads dedicated to this.  If the issue remains, your best bet is to send it to KWA for a repair.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Have you tried cleaning and lubricated your ATP since you got it?  Try adding couple of drops of silicone oil in the hammer assembly and work it in by hand cocking and releasing the hammer numerous times.  Also clean and relube the slide rails of all the gunk that it might have built up.  Finally add a drop of silicone oil on the release valve on the magazine while it's empty of gas and work it in.
If this does not resolve your issue, I agree with gcw that you should send it in.

#4 Tigerqb4

Tigerqb4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Ok I cleaned and lubed it and same problem except the gas doesn't spray out yea 1 problem down. Now when I fired it it wasn't recoiling( blowing back ) so just for kicks I held it upside down and it shot perfectly (except for it looking like a gas hog) blowback worked fine but when I tried it right side up it wouldn't blowback. Is this something I should send it back to kwa for? Will they even accept it because I don't have and of the papers? All I have is the gun, mag, and problems!

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

KWA with repair your gun.  Papers and proof of purchase are needed when the gun is sent in for warranty repair work.  Lastly, KWA only works on US guns, be sure the serial number has "US" in it.  The serial number is found on the bottom of the frame under the slide (outside) behind the rails.  It's a little metal disc with the SN on it.  Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users