• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Real Player

Real Player

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Well I found a rather interesting product... http://shop.ehobbyas...-tp9-smg-black/ , but I can't seem to find much information at all on it. Considering I am very interested in an extended inner barrel, and no-one seems to make one, I was wondering how well this product would work. I have heard that the idea of jamming 2 barrels together isn't very smart, but it's really the only option for the KMP9 due to the fact that I have never heard of anybody making a longer than stock barrel for the KMP9. So what I'm wondering is if this [barrel extension] would work correctly, (such as it attaching to the muzzle, and lining up correctly), because when you read about the product, it says that is was designed for KSC, but It seems that there would be no difference assuming the measurements would be very similar. Finally, would it actually increase range, or is it only built to increase fps?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hi Real player! Welcome to the forums. This looks to be the only available aftermarket barrel extension fit for the KMP9. Angry Gun also has a barrel extension made specifically for the MP7, and I've heard mixed reviews from that product. They have a tightbore barrel inside the the barrel extension and fits inside the original inner barrel and touches against the hop up bucking and the bb is shot through the tighter barrel. And I've seen the performance boost, no doubt it raises the fps and gives a valuable range boost, but also increases the chance of a failure, a malfunction, a bb not fired out of the barrel... all sorts of stuff. Also, the tbb inside the barrel extension can displace the hop up bucking and cause an incorrect seal and therefore also damaging the gun... If I had an MP9, I'd buy the barrel extension, but remove the inner barrel and just run the outer "can" just for looks... it does look very sexy. Oh, and just a word of wisdom, from now on please call it barrel extension. We don't use the "s word" around here. haha Hope this answers your question!

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Any discussions concerning products designed to decrease decibel on airsoft guns or real steel is so not going to happen here. Thread closed.

For future reference please read the "house rules."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users