USP Compact misfeeds, slide locks back, BBs roll out.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lurky

Lurky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hey all,
I've had a KWA USP Compact for about a year now, bought it brand new, have run it on propane since. I use propane, I probably don't lubricate it enough as I should, but I have lubricated the slide a couple times, but the gun has always functioned fine afterwards. I clean my barrel pretty much at the end of every day of airsofting

After adjusting the hop up by removing the barrel assembly and then putting it all back in, I had a functioning gun, but not long after the gun slide just started locking back every time i pulled the trigger. I thought the slide catch was just malfunctioning, so I just held it down as I shot, but the BBs wouldn't fire, they would simply roll out of the barrel. Whenever I insert a fresh magazine and rack the slide, the BB that should go in the chamber simply falls out of the ejection port.

Taking the barrel assembly out I could see a lot of grease built up in the barrel, so I cleaned it, I was still having the same problem. Hop up all the way on or all the way off has no effect on the outcome either. I have 3 magazines total and they all yield the same slide locking back result.

I was figuring that maybe the bucking had swelled so I was going to pick up a REAPS bucking or just a KWA replacement bucking off ASGI or Evike since I need to make an order to one of them anyway, but I didn't know if the ball that comes with the bucking sold on the KWA Pro Shop could be the culprit. I also wasn't sure if it could be the inner barrel.

So has anyone else had any similar problems/know a cure all solution?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hey Lurky. If bbs are rolling out of the barrel then you probably have a swelled hop up bucking. If the ball doesn't come with the reaps bucking, you can always buy this: http://store.kwausa....pupbucking.aspx

Now it says it is out of stock, but give KWA a call because sometimes the online pro shop isn't always updated and you can place the order over the phone. Their number is 626-581-1777 and they're open 8:30am-5:30 pm PST weekdays, closed weekends.

#3 Lurky

Lurky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Well I found the ball at Evike and a bucking, my problem now is I'm not sure how to disassemble the hop up unit. Know of any good guides?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users