• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 steeltoe90

steeltoe90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hey guys, I have owned my kwa for almost a year now, but something I have noticed from day one is that I get two different rates of hop depending on my rate of fire. What I mean is if I am in semi auto and adjust my hop up one shot at a time to the flatest trajectroy possible then increase my rate of fire either by firing rapidly on semi, or switching to full auto; I get more hop. It is an interesting phenomena of physics but I am stumped. What could it be? Any ideas? I would love to get my shots more consistent cause the way I have always played is I use semi to accurately engage an area and full auto to hammer into whatever brush might be in the way, but with getting two different rates of hop in the two different modes it makes this difficult to achieve acurately. The only thing I could think of was that the bbs creating a vacuum in the barrel causing the consequitive rounds to pass under the bucking at a higher rate resulting in a higher angular speed.

Edited by steeltoe90, 07 October 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hi Steeltoe, welcome to the Forums.  Perhaps as the bb's pass through the bucking in fast succession the friction creates heat which in-turn causes the bucking to be more efficient? Bucking heats up, gets better traction, therefore more hop.  This is my guess.

#3 steeltoe90

steeltoe90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

That is also a good explaination. Its like the idea behind heating up tires before a drag. Ive started to turn my hop up down for more consistency in shots; though I lose range I'm much more accurate inside 150'. I've also thought about maybe trying a heavier bb. What mass do you guys/gals perfer? Im shooting 380's on a .20, but I usually skirmish with a .28 elite force. My barrel is also stock, is it worth getting the kwa tight bore 6.02? Thank you as well for your time.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Regarding BB weight I use .30 KWA almost exclusively.  I have tried others but I come back to the KWA .3's all the time.  This is for field of course.  In CQB I use .2's because I want as much speed for the short engagement distance as I can get and .2's do that for me.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

I use goldenball 0.25g for field and CQB.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hop-up, km4, RIS, range difference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users