KWA , mp7 magazine or mag catch problem? help!

KWA mp7 problem magazine mag

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Robottinman

Robottinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hello,
I would like to start of saying i bought this gun used with only one problem. the magazine had some problem. When i put the magazine into the slot, it dosent click and stay in place. infact i have to hold it in with force into the mag slot to shoot it for the gas to go through. Also the folding grip in the front dosen't click in place( i really dont care too much but a fix would help) . Other than that the gun shoots great and is a perfect work of KWA's mastership. Im not sure if its my mag or my magazine catch but its obnoxious and i would like to know how to fix it. I hope your KWA wizard powers can assist me. thanks. :)

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

Hi Robottinman, welcome to the forums. You may have one of two problems, or both. Check the front of the magazine, where you can see the bb channel. There's a notch near the top. That notch engages with the magazine release. If that notch is worn, or damaged, then that may be your issue. If possible, it would be great to see a picture of the notch so we can identify whether or not it's broken. Now it's either that, or the magazine release "button" is worn, and doesn't lock the magazine into place properly. Is there spring resistance when pushing the magazine release down? If not, then you are probably missing the spring that ensures the proper engagement of the magazine release into the magazine.

#3 Robottinman

Robottinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

Thank you, for your help i have included a link to a online album i made of the gun http://imgur.com/a/CRouW here you can see the magazine.

#4 Robottinman

Robottinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Also the front receiver cover is cracked, and the folding fore grip doesn't lock into place. if you could help on that it would be great.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Your magazine appears to be fine. How's the spring retention in the magazine release 'paddle'?

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

I can't tell you why the mag is falling out without seeing the gun though it is probably a worn mag catch.  That said, your BB follower needs replacing based on the pictures.  It is "mushroomed" at the top.  This is from releasing it without BB's in the channel and allowing it to slam into the top of the mag.

#7 Robottinman

Robottinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Im not sure what the paddle was to feel like regularly because i bought the gun used and broken so ill assume its broken

#8 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

If the foregrip won't lock in place, then you most likely have a broken frame and would need to replace it in order for it to work again. We do have the front receiver covers in stock if you call us up for the part. We might have  frame as well, just give us a call.
626-581-1777. 9-5 PST...

#9 Robottinman

Robottinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Could you repair the mag catch as well, or mabey take a look in person if i sent it in?

#10 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Absolutely. Hit up the Help Desk with the link at the top of this page, and submit a repair ticket. We will take a look and let you know what the issue is.

#11 Robottinman

Robottinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Well lets see my brother just dropped the mag and that thing is totaled, so ill just buy a mag catch do you guys have tutorials on how to install the part because ill need some help but, the mags are a little pricey but the mag rattles on the inside when you shake it and the small part the goes at the end of the sping assist of the mag thats oval shaped is lost unless thats an easy fix ill have to buy another mag. :cry: FML.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KWA, mp7 problem magazine mag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users