7 replies to this topic

#1 boblefisk

boblefisk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

Hi.

ive been browsing the web to try and find what cylinder fits my kwa.

im gonna buy from redwolfairsoft so it would be nice if someone could give me a link or something:)

my kwa is very noisy stock, every shot says clonk clonk, and id like it to be more of a paff, paff (you get me?)

so what i want is a silent pistonhead hopefully without haveing to modify my AOE.
will this affect my fps or rof in any way?

im also installing a M100/M110 to get it to 350 fps , now at 385ish stock.(single fire with 10 m security distance is not very fun in combat:P)

im also replacing my hopup chamber to aluminum, this requiers some modifications tho, thight fit, but hopefully itll work:)

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

I don't think you will need to change out the cylinder for a quieter gun.  You can probably use a polycarb piston head with a soft sorbo pad on the cylinder head (since you will have to readjust AOE anyways when using a different brand piston head ).  
And there is nothing "silent" about silent piston heads so don't waste the money.  Besides if you use a silent head piston head you will have to use a cylinder head that will match that new part.

And I wouldn't mess with the hop-up setup.  Correct setup using aftermarket parts takes much work and I don't think the results will justify the amount of effort. Just my 2 cents.

#3 boblefisk

boblefisk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 05 October 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

I don't think you will need to change out the cylinder for a quieter gun.  You can probably use a polycarb piston head with a soft sorbo pad on the cylinder head (since you will have to readjust AOE anyways when using a different brand piston head ).  
And there is nothing "silent" about silent piston heads so don't waste the money.  Besides if you use a silent head piston head you will have to use a cylinder head that will match that new part.

And I wouldn't mess with the hop-up setup.  Correct setup using aftermarket parts takes much work and I don't think the results will justify the amount of effort. Just my 2 cents.

ok, thanks. so you would recomend me using sorbo pad on my stock piston head? and adjust AOE. as a cheaper option.

sounds fair enough to me. just dont like the sound it gives now, sounds like alot of force is absorbed directly in GB, which is not good.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

Adding sorbo pads to a stock piston head will throw off your AOE so I would recommend an aftermarket polycarbonate piston head when adding sorbo to adjust AOE.

#5 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Also the KWA piston head is not vented. An aftermarket PH will be vented.

#6 boblefisk

boblefisk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

what excalty is the difference between a vented, and a non vented cylinder head?

and where can i find a polycarbonate piston head? all i find is aluminum

#7 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

View Postboblefisk, on 08 October 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

what excalty is the difference between a vented, and a non vented cylinder head?

and where can i find a polycarbonate piston head? all i find is aluminum

If you plug up the nozzle a non ported piston head will not move backward or forward if there is a good airseal. A ported one will move backward and not forward so the non ported is a two way pump (suck blow)  and the ported is a one way pump (blow).

Check all the airsoft vendors for POM piston heads or use google "aeg pom piston head"

Do your homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

The theory is that ported piston heads will vent air from the ports and through the sides and expand the o-ring and the piston head moves forward thus allowing for greater air seal.  However, this aspect has never been scientifically proven when compared to that of say a kwa piston head.
But one thing that I do believe is that in a high speed setup, the piston can move slightly faster when being pulled back/cocked because of less resistance allowing for faster cyclic rate capability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users