• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mp5k

mp5k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Is there an aftermarket Hop Up Bucking for the M93R II that can handle Propane/oil instead of Green Gas.

My Stock Bucking seems to be swelled due to my using Propane( green gas near impossible to get hold of here) plus propane is much ,much cheaper.

Ive googled but can find no info on an aftermarket Bucking,can anyone help?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

To my knowledge there are no aftermarket hop up buckings that are made specifically for the M93R. You could try a Falcon blue hop up bucking made for the MP7 (which claims it is more propane tolerant, and less prone to swelling), but there's no guarantee that it will fit the M93r...

#3 mp5k

mp5k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Im going to order one of those very Buckings ASAP,someone on another forum said the same thing.Hopefully it will fit!?

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Sweet. Please post back here with the result! :)

#5 mp5k

mp5k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Im trying to up the FPS on the M93R as its a fun gun/plinker not for playing.

Will this Falcon 6.03 Barrel fit?,its made for the KSC mp7,I know the length will be fine but Im wondering if the barrel will fit in the hop up unit etc.
http://shop.ehobbyas...-mp7-162mm.html

I was going to fit that barrel and this Falcon bucking

http://www.scopeandl...=&more=&lang=en

#6 Tool

Tool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

A+ has a compatible bucking iirc. The problem with hop up swelling is not propane. It is excessive use of silicone oil. I had the same issue with 2 of my 93r and i never used propane. I did however overzealously lubed it causing silicone oil to get into the bucking. The rubber itself is very spongy and swells up pretty easily. Now i just use a cotton bud to oil the rails and friction surfaces only.  I also try to avoid over lubing the mags as they will spew that oil into the hop rubber.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

That's correct Tool. It isn't the propane that swells the hop up bucking, it's the excess silicon oil. But remember, green gas has silicon oil mixed in as well, as it helps lubricate all the necessary rubber parts, including the hop up bucking, ensuring it doesn't shrink, and ensures a tight seal with the right amount of lubrication on every shot. Any excess silicon oil will swell rubber parts and may cause the gun to function improperly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users