USP Compact... first impressions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marc_92FS

Marc_92FS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling, photography, prog rock, jazz, classical music.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hi, I finally bit the bullet (or the BB, to be right with our hobby) and got the HK USP Compact.

Nice replica, well finished and excellent aesthetics. Pity that orange tip I'll take my time to get rid off soon...

I've never had a real HK USP in my hands, but I suppose I'd feel the same as this afternoon just taking it outta the box... IT'S TINY! I mean really compact. Lightweight and obviously designed for small hands.

First shots and I quickly noticed it's prone to lock slide open as if it ran out of pellets, which it wasn't. Used my left thumb to keep lever down and avoid this to happen... not happy with it. Then started to double-feed BB's... ouch!!!

To make things clear, I decided to lube it everywhere and slightly adjust hop-up after reading the troubleshooting section in the manual... So far so good it appeared to work it out. Fired 2-3 magazines after that without none of the problems referred to above.

Conclusion: a nice pistol, kinda plastic feeling, moreover if you're accustomed to strong metal guns (like I am with my KWA M9 PTP and my 92FS 9mm which are real warships), but I thinks it'd be perfect for concealed carry and/or for small-handed people, especially women.

Anyway I definitely NOT trade this for my M9.... Beretta rules!!!

Cheers...

Marc.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Marc, sorry to hear that you had issues with the USP Compact.  Here is a thread that may help with the slide locking back.  It'd a very easy fix.  See here: http://kwausa.com/fo...750

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users