• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bug519

bug519

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Pictured are the outer barrels from my two ATPs.  On the left is from the atp i purchased in June, I got the one on the right last week.

Notice all the chips out of the original one, and even the new one after one game.

Does anyone know what is going on?  I feel like this has resulted in my slide jamming, maybe due to the recoil spring guide slipping out of place?  Now if i try to fire it, it just jams and vents gas.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files

#2 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

You are not going to win any photography contests with those pictures. Are the OBs smashed there or are parts  of the OB carved out or busted off. I would go to the help desk and start a ticket. I bet KWA wants to see those OBs and may want a shot at warranty repair.

What modifications have you done to the guns?

Peace

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Try to photograph them in natural light.  Too much black for me to see anything.

-- Chuck

#4 bug519

bug519

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

Sorry about the photos, I took a couple more, hopefully they're a little clearer.
It's almost like they're carved or chipped off.  Gun is completely stock, well maintained/cleaned.  Used a lot though.

Attached Files

#5 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

That is around where the recoil spring guide sits. How does your recoil spring guide look?

Peace

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

You may want to check to see if the recoil spring guide is warped or deformed. And lubing that guide rod may also help reduce your issue from getting worse. The rod may be getting hung up on the slide during cycling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users