• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

As the title says, my ATP will shoot but only every other shot will have a bb fly out. When the bb does fly out, it flies normally at the correct fps.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

So, is it like this?
1 - Gun cycles bb fires normally
2 - Gun cycles no bb fired
  or
3 - Gun does not cycle resulting in you manually racking the slide to fore next bb?

If the gun is correctly cycling with no BB being fired, it could be damaged feed lips, a damaged cylinder nozzle, or perhaps a swollen or damaged bucking.  Also, what BB's are you using and have you been using propane or adding silicone oil to the barrel or hop-up bucking?

Let us know and we will start here.

#3 Vorter

Vorter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Yes, basically: 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 and so on
Goldenballs, I use propane with plenty of lube in the adapter and also all over the gun/magazine.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

That may be your problem... you may be over lubricating your gun, especially the hop up bucking, which should receive no extra lubrication at all- besides from the remains of using green gas. Make sure your hop up bucking stays away from lube, and any part that interacts with the bb directly-- make sure none of those areas such as the magazine bb channel, feed lips, and hop up bucking never receive lubrication.

Unless you try to soak your hop up bucking in warm, soapy water and that does the trick, you will need to buy a new hop up bucking. Here's the link: http://store.kwausa....pupbucking.aspx

Good luck getting that ATP operational!

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Ok, then I think the problem is a swollen bucking.  Remove the bucking and you can try to clean it in warm soapy water.  Though, your best be would be to install a fresh bucking and cut back on the silicone oil. Using green gas would solve future issues.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

If you must use propane I would suggest using less silicone oil as gcw has already stated and also use a heavier weight silicone oil.  Something in the 25-30wt range.  Anything thinner can get all over the place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users