2 replies to this topic

#1 bg1111

bg1111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hello,

What's so special with the MKIV vs the MKII that makes it unavailable just about everywhere? Looks nearly identical except for some minor looks, grips, BBL bushing, Mag Well. What's worth waiting a couple of months to get one? Is the tapered barrel on the MKIV more accurate than the bushing barrel of the MKII?

Thanks

Edited by bg1111, 24 September 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Guesses:

1.  The magazine funnel looks kool.  (And the magazines have rubber pads.)

2.  A Mark IV is obviously better than a Mark III, or Mark II, or Mark I -- the numbers tells us that.

My lowly Mark I has the tiniest amount of barrel slop when in battery.  As does my KWA M9PTP.  I gotta believe the tapered barrel is just styling and there's the same tiny slop in it as well.  

If I'd known better I'd have bought a Mark II to get the USGI internals (not the Kimber full length recoil spring guide) and tried to find a single sided safety.  Now I'm looking for the Mark II recoil spring guide and plug.  Any sources?

-- Chuck

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hi bg1111. All KWA Mk series 1911 pistols are popular. But, I'm sure the reason why the MK II and IV are sold out everywhere is because people want rails on their pistols to attach lights and lasers and the like. I don't think one MK pistol would be more accurate over the other on design, besides maybe the full length guide rod may help with stability... I've shot the MK II, III, and IV and they are all pretty much the same in terms of blowback action, smoothness in recoil, stuff like that. It truly is preference.

While I love all the MK series pistols, I chose to roll with the MK II because there was a lanyard loop, rail, forward and rear serrations, a nicer safety than MK III/IV, and no extended mag well... again these are options open to the end user, ensuring they get the pistol they want most. So back to your question, I'm pretty sure they all perform close to identical in terms of accuracy/range/performance/etc, but it's all about the external features that make them unique.

And Chuck, give KWA a call for those parts, 1-626-581-1777, open 8:30 am to 5:30 pm PST, Mon-Fri. But, one of the forum members (Brick Stone) bought these parts (barrel bushing, recoil spring guide, all the rest) to turn his Mk IV more into a MK 2, or GI style gun. But, when he got the parts, they didn't fit. Apparently the parts were made to different spec than found on the stock Mk 2.... I can't remember exactly what he said, but if you need more info, you can certainly PM him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users