USP Compact, any issues? of highly recommendable?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marc_92FS

Marc_92FS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling, photography, prog rock, jazz, classical music.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hi everybody...

I'm  a happy user of a M9 PTP tactical... so far so good, a long-time Beretta fan. I own a real 92FS 9mm as well, so I decided to get a replica for "indoor practice" since no agree could I have with spouse for blasting 9mm cartridges in the living room LOL.

Another pistol I do like mainly for its aesthetic design and look is the H&K Compact. So let me ask you users of that model if it's a reliable and accurate pistol.

I ask this after reading the Sig 229 apparently had some bad issues and there's a lot of unsatisfied users. Just wondered whether the Compact wouldn't suffer something like that.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Marc.

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Heya welcome to the forum. Happy to see you like your M9. I like my M9 Tac as well, its a great gun. I have previously owned the normal KWA USP and had very few problems with it. The only problem I experienced with it was the slide catch breaking, which is a very cheap and easy fix.

#3 Marc_92FS

Marc_92FS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for the answer... and the welcome ;)
In the subject title  I wanted to write "or highly recommendable?" of course...

Hope someone else can give me more feedback on this model.

Cheers!

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

The real USP Compact is a nice pistol, but -- as far as I'm concerned -- only in LEM (Law Enforcement Modification).  Mine is a daily commute companion.  Otherwise it's just another DA/SA pistol with poor safety ergonomics if carried in Condition 1 (cocked and locked) and a heavy DA trigger if decocked.  No way to simulate LEM in the KWA version I'm aware.

-- Chuck

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hey Marc_92FS, welcome to the forums, and very kool username!! (I've got an M9 PTP myself and I love the thing)

The USP Compact is an awesome gun, (my favorite amongst the USP line) and I'd definitely recommend getting one. I've heard of one case where the magazine leaking, but that is very fixable and shouldn't sway your decision. In the end it's all about ergonomics since they fire the same round, so I would go with whatever is the most comfortable for you!!

#6 Marc_92FS

Marc_92FS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hey, thanks guys... your comments are welcome and help me decide a purchase. ;)
Chuck S is an "ol' friend" I know from from the Beretta forum, and I bet that arsenal displayed in his signature is.. errr... real guns, not airsoft LOL.

Cheers...

#7 CynicBlue

CynicBlue

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Its the most reiable pistol out of all the KWA pistol I've own(m18, 1911, sig, atp) Only thing ever wrong with it was the slide catch breaking but easily replaceable and cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users