• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DakotaTheKid97

DakotaTheKid97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

<p>Alright, so first off, let me tell you the story of this GBB.
So this KWA KMP9R was purchased from a local shop last December. It was used primarily as a plinking gun, as I did not want to use it out at our local field in the cold weather. After less than 20 mags through, the gun had a problem where it needed to be racked every time the trigger was released. KWA took this gun in without a problem and repaired it. After a long wait for it's return, I opened it up to find it wouldn't shoot full auto and the BB's would only dribble out of the barrel. KWA was called immediately and they did not hesitate to send me another RMA number and shipping label. The MP9 came back again after a long wait, this time working as if it were new. During this repair they replaced the bucking, disconnect, hammer, and mag lip, and loading nozzle and tested it to 300 rounds. I got a good 10 mags out of it before it refused to fire on full auto again. I would get a good 5 shots on full then have to rack the gun again, with semi shooting fine. I then noticed that the loading nozzle was staying forward when the bolt would lock back. This shouldn't happen as the loading nozzle is connected to the breech base by springs. At the time, I didn't know this. My first reaction was to tell KWA of my problems. What they told me is that my King Arms .25 BB's were what were breaking the gun and they couldn't cover the gun anymore, blaming me for the problems. For a long time I gave up on the gun and it sat for months, but I've gotten a little sick of having such a nice gun sit on the shelf like some expensive decoration. I took it apart, and here's what I've found...

Posted Image
Above you can see the bolt assembly, and how the loading nozzle sits forward.

Posted Image
In order to remove the loading nozzle and breech base, I had to punch out three pins. there is a second hollow one on the opposite side. You can only see 2 visible in this picture.

Posted Image
This is the first thing I noticed. Here you can see the return springs on the loading nozzle... On one of them, I noticed a little metal peg which had broken off from somewhere.

Posted Image
After further investigation, I saw that the broken piece came off of the breech base. In case you can't tell, the little silver circle is where the peg broke off. It was like this on either side.

So now I've found the problem. My question is... Should I put the money into purchasing a whole low-power bold assembly for around $40, or should I just buy the new breech base for $10? If you have any questions or anything I need to clarify on just let me know. I'd really like some input on this. I'm quite a new tech and don't really know much about gas guns. Thanks.

#2 DakotaTheKid97

DakotaTheKid97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Remove this one too please. Sorry!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cylinder, Breech Base, Loading Nozzle, Cylinder Springs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users