#1 Overlord

Overlord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft of course

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

How well will the ATP work in 40 degree temperature.  I plan on taking my ATP and kjw 1911 to an event tomorrow and it runs through the night which will be at least 40.  I plan on using propane and green gas the whole time.

Thanks

#2 Overlord

Overlord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft of course

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Sorry for the double post it's just my stupid iPad admins can delete the other one

#3 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

mine does pretty well on propane in about 53 degrees which is the coldest ive ever played with it in.. the atp mags hold alot of gas, so be prepared to lose a ton of efficiency, but if you top them off you should be able to empty the mags.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

I think there was a guy on youtube that did a shooting test of the KWA 1911DS in the winter. He emptied out an entire mag without any performance issues.

#5 mdjwm

mdjwm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

I live in mountain country where it gets to 40 degrees often in winter. My remedy has been to use a shoulder holster, underneath my camo jacket. Sometimes, I'll put the mags in my pocket to keep warm. Leaving the gun in an exposed holster makes it very likely that performance will not be good.

#6 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

View Postmdjwm, on 22 October 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

I live in mountain country where it gets to 40 degrees often in winter. My remedy has been to use a shoulder holster, underneath my camo jacket. Sometimes, I'll put the mags in my pocket to keep warm. Leaving the gun in an exposed holster makes it very likely that performance will not be good.

The arm pit method!!!  Brilliant!!!

That video was shot at Utah and indeed it is a DS1911 which sadly we don't produce anymore.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostAllizard, on 24 October 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

That video was shot at Utah and indeed it is a DS1911 which sadly we don't produce anymore.

#8 Darth Genesis

Darth Genesis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Or u can get a RA Tech co2 mag for the older g series. They work well. Need a little work to be great but over all works well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users