• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 missledave

missledave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hey all, just bought my first airsoft gun and am excited to get to the part where I embarrass strangers.  One concern that I have is that when I bought the gun the takedown clamp was all wiggly and caused both the upper and lower receivers to separate slightly from the rest of the gun. This is a concern because the entire barrel moves almost 1/16" in the process and may cause me to suck at this and look like a moron.  While looking in the owner's manual i see what looks like a spring in the takedown clamp. Is this a part that I can buy or fabricate?  I'm kinda lost here.  Thanks.

#2 missledave

missledave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

This is the spring in a blowup. I am sure that I can fabricate something but I have no idea what the tension should be. Any ideas?</p>

Attached Files

#3 missledave

missledave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

solved.  However I may still try to just fabricate something to save the fricking nine dollars in shipping. Will keep y'all posted.

http://store.kwausa....lampspring.aspx

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

You have a few options.  If you call KWA you can request non-priority shipping which will decrease the cost.  Or, you can make your order $30.00 and use the FREESHIP code for free shipping.  I personally prefer the latter because I am forever needing this or that.

Hope this helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: repair, spring, parts, clamp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users