• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mp5k

mp5k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

Is it safe to use ET - 1000 Gas ( Top Gas) in the KWA M93R II.

This gas http://shop.ehobbyas...-gas-large.html I just bought some and used about 1 mag but I thought I better check that this is ok to use!?.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

Edit: top gas is apparently green gas. My mistake I confused top gas with duster gas.

Hi mp5k, welcome to the forums. KWA suggests to use green gas in all of their gas blowback products as it yields best performance and lubricates the gun at the same time. Top gas is a drier gas with less pressure. Using top gas in a KWA gun will: a) void warranty and dry up your gun/seals, B) give you less fps since top gas has less pressure, and c) give you more jams and less frequent successful times of blowback action since top gas does not have as much pressure as green gas, as it won't have enough power/pressure to fully re-cycle the gun. Now some users report some success with using top gas, but they always experience a jam, or a failure for the blowback action to fully perform 'its duty' so to speak. If you can ONLY use top gas, I'd recommend using green gas for the 45 days of your ownership so you've got your warranty, but after you are free to try whatever you want. If you've got anymore questions, feel free to ask!! :)

Edited by Outlaw1995, 17 September 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

Actually, I think Im going to have to call you out on that Outlaw, correct me if Im wrong but I believe you're getting Top Gas confused with Duster Gas. Top Gas is pretty much the same as green gas, but with a different label. It is considered more powerful than HFC134A, because it is more powerful than HFC134A. HFC134A is pretty much a weaker green gas used in Asian model plastic slide guns, so that could/would cause you to have the cycling problems that Outlaw is stating. Also, it looks like it does have the added silicon that normal Green Gas labeled cans have.
So that can of Top Gas should work fine. Seems to be exactly the same as green gas, just with a different label.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

You may be right...... I'm researching as we speak!!

#5 mp5k

mp5k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

The can lists the content as=
QTY: 1100ml

CHz FCF CH
  3   3
Silicone oil content: 1.8%

Is this just green gas, or is it something lower/ higher pressure????

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Top gas is green gas.  ET 1000 is green gas.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

Thanks for clearing that up GCW. My mistake!! What I was talking about applies to duster gas.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

no worries....it's confusing sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users