5 replies to this topic

#1 LittleBird

LittleBird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Gbbrs, glocks,

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hey everyone, I just got 6 new PMAGS for my lm4 and am very disappointed at the moment I have 4 mags out of commission with 4 different problems.
If KWA Personnel could try and get me solutions that would be amazing!
Mag 1: Doesnt take gass
      Solution: Tighten valve and soak O rings in silicon
           My problem with the solution: I cant find a valve key anywhere. (-_-)
Mag 2: This mag will seat into the gun normally but when firing will fall out when on safe.
      Solutions I tried: Tap the mag and make sure it is fully seated.
           My Problem with the solution: Still falls out if tapped in. Basically wont stay in.
Mag 3: Mag will not go into the gun if the bolt is closed
      Solution: Lock the bolt back insert mag, use it
           My Prob: It is impractical especially in cqb environments if i need it
Mag 4: Came to me with the whole metal on the top bent to the side. needless to say was sent back

So if anyone can help its be much appreciated!! Thanks
Oh and also, does anyone have tips on how to keep the lm4 on target. mine with the hopup tuned is very inconsistent

Thanks again,
Littlebird (ECR)

#2 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Is magazine one leaking gas? Or is it spewing out gas as you try to fill it from the charging valve? If its from the.charging valve ensure there's an o-ring in the valve, if there isn't that's your problem.

I'm unsure if the PMAGs are the same, but magazine 3 sounds exactly like when.you put 1 extra BB in STANAG magazines. Try to load it again and and push one of them out.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 16 September 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#3 darkbluedean

darkbluedean

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Lakers, Dodgers, Trojans Football, Kings, airsoft, surfing, Cayman, Raptor, E92.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

So I was playing today, and my fourth PMAG, out of 5, started leaking.  It was an easy fix, like the other 3, opened it up, oiled the o-rings then put everything back together, no more leak.  It just sucks that I have to do these to these PMAGs, all are less than 2 months.

All I know to do is for Mag 1. I haven't experienced issues with Mag 2 & 3. I get a feeling for 2 & 3, it might be your LM4, not the mags.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Regarding Mag 1, try a small flat head screw driver.  It will work just as well if not better than the valve key.  The other issues are quite baffling.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

I've tried adjusting the gas release valve with a flat head screw driver before. It's possible but be sure to be EXTRA careful when doing so as the valve is made from a soft metal and the indents (the two lines on opposite sides of the gas release button) may twist and strip, making your mag even more broken.

You may have to check out your magazine release button and assembly, as it may not be entirely screwed in, or the piece that goes into the slot into the magazine may be chipped or deformed, which may not give a proper hold on your magazine. It may also be your magazine. Be sure to never load your magazines to their absolute maximum capacity. Doing so, you won't be able to insert a mag on a closed bolt, and you may experience jamming or even the magazine dropping out like you've stated.

Hope you can get your mags up and operational!!

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

If I recall correctly there's supposed to be something like a 1/2-BB slack in the magazine when loaded.  Like the 5.56mm version if you cram an extra cartridge/pellet in there it will be hard if not impossible to seat the magazine.  The LM4 mags should hold 40 pellets without problems.

-- Chuck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dont, Fit, PMAG, LM4, Mag, MAgazine, Fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users