• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 krazybox

krazybox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

So I was Dry Firing my KWA MP7A1 and my bolt instantly locked back and stopped shooting. So, I took the Bolt out, took Bolt Assembly apart and found that a rubber piece had fallen out. The piece is the shape of "Batman's Head" with a hole the diameter of a pencil's eraser. I'm not sure where it goes. I do not want to send it back for repair and I voided my warrenty by using propane. I didn't know I couldn't use that. Can someone resolve this issue for me please?!!!

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Hi krazybox, welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear you've experienced this problem. I'm not exactly sure what rubber piece you are referring to. Is it possible that you could take a picture so I can be of better use to you? If I can see the piece, I'd probably be able to identify it and help you fix your problem.

#3 bryanchang

bryanchang

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

I am guessing it's the Piston Head. Part #31 (MP7A1 smg Main Seal)

http://store.kwausa....mgmainseal.aspx

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=32996

#4 Hippo Chips

Hippo Chips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

I think he's talking about part #122. Attaches to part #121 on the rear receiver cover, and I believe it's a buffer for the bolt. As for how to put it back, I'm not sure.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

If it is part 31, then it is your main seal like you've stated. This piece resides inside the gas nozzle, inside the bolt. You will have to take your bolt apart, take off the cylinder, the return springs, and will find a pillar type object with a screw in the center. You will have to fit this rubber piece (seal) back around that housing, probably by unscrewing that screw and placing the seal back in place. If it came off, there's probably a tear in the seal so I suggest buying another one, and fitting it onto the "pillar". It goes around the outside of the top, and provides a seal around the gas cylinder to ensure no gas is expelled out the other side of the nozzle. Of course, if your gun has a little gas spew out, it's generally not an issue. Since green gas has silicon in it, as you shoot the gun, the green gas will lubricate this seal and ensure it provides a nice, tight seal around the gas nozzle.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 12 September 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#6 krazybox

krazybox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my issue and for welcoming to the forums! Now, when I ordered and received my MP7 it did not come with a schematic, so I'm not sure. It is definately "Part 31" it could be "Part 121". I'm just not sure where it goes and what I can do put place it where it belongs.. Please help!!!!

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

If it is the same piece from your other thread you made, then I'm sure you know it goes on the back of the plate the resides next to the stock and the rear of the MP7. Good luck getting it back on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users