#1 McGilli

McGilli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

I purchased some aluminum bb's.

http://www.pyramydai..._rds_silver/396

Mostly for display when my pistols are in their glass case.

But I also plan to use them for my target range.

With my paintball markers I use riot balls, which are the same lightweight, hard plastic balls used for crowd control in riot situations by various police agencies in Canada (maybe other countries too). Anyways - using the riot balls I am able to get maximum destruction out of my targets (fruit/toys/wood targets etc).

If anyone here has actually used aluminum bb's I'd love to hear about your experience with them compared to plastic.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

I would not recommend shooting

#3 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'm afraid that the metal might and most likely would scratch and cause damage to your inner barrel causing horrible inaccuracy issues that you do not expect.  Plus those are only .29g in weight, you might as well just pay for .30g bb's and get heavier ones that will work great.  Remember F=MA in physics, where force is = to the mass times the acceleration, so you want to focus on the mass of your bb and not necessarily the composition of the bb.  Now when comparing your reball ammo to paint in your paint gun, understand that when paint explodes on impact the energy is dispersed in your target and not all the force is transferred to your target.  But when you use your reball ammo, all the force is transferred to your target since it does not explode and disperse energy away from the target.

#4 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Would airsoft guns shipped with metal bb's technically put them in the class of an air rifle & thus bypass the need for an orange tip for shipping reasons? I guess this is a grey area where the differences are a little blurry........

#5 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

It would not matter, to even import an airsoft gun into the united states by law it must have the orange tip already affixed onto the weapon.  Just because it has metal bbs in the box does not classify it as an airgun.

#6 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

LOL, you called an airsoft gun a weapon but they're imported classified as toys........ Like I said, Grey area. :)

#7 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

All airsoft guns should be treated as weapons, and by calling it a weapon I treat it with a different mindset.  This is to avoid any discrepancies with Law Enforcement and any other governing force out there.  It is also my training tool for my real firearms.  Practicing good responsible habits with my airsoft gun ensures that when I pick a firearm I do not do anything that would jeopardize the lives of myself or those around me.  It really is just good practice.

#8 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

I agree with you 99%........ So don't get me wrong. We all know the real reason they're labeled as toys is to avoid increased import taxation......I think it's this loophole that causes the confusion.

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Sorry, forum is only working on my phone... Let me finish my answer now even though Viet has answered already lol.

I would not recommend shooting aluminum bbs out of a KWA airsof gun, or any type of non-plastic bb for that matter. KWA guns are made to fire 6mm plastic pellets and not metal bbs. Shooting a metal bb out of your gun can not only unwillingly hurt something or someone, but also scratch up the inner barrel inside the gun, and decrease the  performance of your gun.

#10 McGilli

McGilli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

They look nice in photos though!

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users