1 reply to this topic

#1 Solscud007

Solscud007

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

So when I heard that KWA will be coming to Long Island and they will be bringing the KRISS SMG, I had to get involved. I spoke with Allen and Strikeforce Sports (the host of the event this coming weekend) and will be bringing my real steel KRISS so that people who show up looking forward to the KWA KRISS can see the real thing and check out how great KWA did on their KRISS. I will be there answering any questions about the real steel platform to the best of my knowledge and experience with my KRISS Vector.

Hope to see you guys out there.

Here is a sneak peek of what's to come

Posted Image

#2 Solscud007

Solscud007

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

So KWA came out to Long Island at Strikeforce Sports, an airsoft shop and indoor CQB field. I approached both Strikeforce and KWA to offer my expertise with the KRISS and to bring my Carbine for show and tell alongside the airsoft KRISS.

Posted Image
Yes the charging handle is bent. It happened during transport. They had 2 AKs, 1 M4 and the KRISS plus like 4 hand guns shoved into a large pelican 1650 case. No padding except a liner inside.

It was an interesting day. I spent most of my time dispelling myths and correcting people who just have no idea about firearms. First they would be surprised that my KRISS is real. Then they ask if it is full auto. Other silly questions like the legality of it and I explained to them that getting into shooting "real steel" is actually very easy and doable outside of NYC.

Well I got to take a somewhat indepth look at the non-firing prototype KRISS Vector. Mike and Hikaru were very gracious. Of course what did I do? I droped the upper receiver. Sorry. It fell off the counter top.

Anyway I compared it to my KRISS Carbine and it is a good replica. The finish on the polymer housing has a slight texture to it and looks to be ABS plastic. The current markings are on it but it still has the old style safety selector. They are supposedly going to update it to the current position and with a dot rather than F/S.

I tried to swap lowers but it doesnt seem to work haha. No Full auto carbines, sorry.

I didnt take the slider/bolt out of the airsoft gun but I compared the two lowers and at initial glances they looks very similar. Almost identical. But then you start to notice subtle detail differences. Like the shape of the bolt is just ever so slightly different than the real KRISS bolt.

Posted Image

The KWA is on the right. You can see these cross bars behind the slider buffer.
Posted Image

I got to dress up the KWA KRISS prototype yesterday with my KRISS accessories. I discovered that the tolerance for the E1B integrated light is a tad bit too small. The receptacle in the upper binds on the scoutlight tailcap. It was extremely difficult to get in and remove it. I only got it in like half way. I showed the issue to Mike and we decided to not progress further. So for this picture, I removed the tailcap and it fit just fine. Hopefully the issue will get resolved in the next prototype phase and when the Production version is released. While it was dressed up, I removed the Eotech and tried my Magpul KRISS sights folded. They arent that great haha. It was a bit difficult to hold the kriss up with one hand and the blades are very short. I would have preferred taller blades.

Posted Image
I was right, the Surefire Vampire light clears the barrel just fine. IR integrated Surefire for the win.

Here is the KWA KRISS SMG inside my custom case. I was curious how a SBR would look inside the case.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users