2 replies to this topic

#1 McGilli

McGilli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hi there!

I have two M93R's - and I am more of a collector than a player. I use my equipment a couple times a month on some target ranges, that's about it. The rest of the time I display my equipment on shelves.

(I'm coming from many years of paintball and collecting and displaying those)

My questions :

1. Leaving the pistols out on display, in the open - is there a problem with dust? Example - could I leave the guns out with the slide pulled back to give it a cooler 'exposed' look without worrying about dust buildup etc if I regularly lube them?

2. I am new to Green Gas. When storing the magazines for 1, 2, or maybe 4 weeks - Is it ok to leave the magazines filled with gas? Should they be dead empty?

3. Likewise, would it be ok to store the magazines filled with bb's? Or would this over time lessen the effectiveness of the spring?

Thank you.

#2 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

Leaving BBs in magazines is not a great idea as the springs might loose tension with time. It depends on the metal and tempering of it, some are more sensitive, some less.

This goes for any springs, so same potential problem with your recoil spring if you let the slide racked

Leave at least a bit of GG in your mag to keep some pressure and lubricant in there. It should prolong the seals' life.

I don't think that leaving a full gas charge is an issue either; someone else might chime in here

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

You are correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users