5 replies to this topic

#1 thefrog

thefrog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

This afternoon, I chronoed my MP7 with .20g BBs, 401-410 FPS , then I installed the drop in low power bolt and it dropped to 280-290 FPS.  I filled up another mag and it stayed the same (280-290 FPS) .  I then replaced the low power bolt with the regular one and rechronoed at 401-410 FPS.  Basically I play at two fields per weekend and one is fine with the FPS hovering at 410 but the other is not (Can't be one FPS over).  I used Kings ARM Green gas for all mags.  I went with the low power bolt due to the ability to change it out in a couple minutes with minimal intrusion into the MP7 since I need to do this at least once a week.  I know I have a option of a RPAS system or Dangerwerx valve but I feel both system requires digging into the MP& alot lol.  So is loss of 100 FPS normal? is there anything else I can try?

#2 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

to clearify, its the NPAS (Negative Pressure air system) and that makes it so you can put a long screw driver down the barrel and adjust it with no dissassembly needed.
still, 100 fps loss does not sound right. you should check the valve.

#3 thefrog

thefrog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postoptimuskmg, on 04 September 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

to clearify, its the NPAS (Negative Pressure air system) and that makes it so you can put a long screw driver down the barrel and adjust it with no dissassembly needed.
still, 100 fps loss does not sound right. you should check the valve.

I am looking at the low power bolt, it is marked  "CQB Bolt" and it was sent directly from KWA.  What should i check physically? it looks all solid

#4 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

i litteraly have no idea.. if you dont mind modding it? take out the valve and file it down a bit..

#5 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

My MP7 "CQB Bolt" also dropped the FPS by 100fps, I was very shocked as I was only expecting about 50-60. The dangerwerx valve and NPAS require you to disassemble your bolt to be installed. It's not really a mod that you want to constantly install and remove as eventually you're bolt/piston will probably wear down.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 04 September 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#6 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

true, but the npas. does not have to be removed once it is installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users