Jump to content


New PTP's


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Location:PA, USA

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:29 PM

This should be an easy question are their any difference's between the current model PTP's and the one's that will be coming out in June. I did notice some "trademarks" more like firearm identifiers on the slides of the various pistols is that the only difference or are there others?

#2 Darkrogue

Darkrogue

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:VB of VA
  • Interests:Airsoft?

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

View PostLt. Tony, on 20 April 2009 - 05:29 PM, said:

This should be an easy question are their any difference's between the current model PTP's and the one's that will be coming out in June. I did notice some "trademarks" more like firearm identifiers on the slides of the various pistols is that the only difference or are there others?

I got the response that all the PTP models were the same, and that the only slides with markings are on the other side of the Pacific for us.

Hope that helps, made things alittle easier for me.

#3 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

The US versions will start to have "KWA" trades on the slides and the Asia version will continue to have whatever trades they have on there. :)

#4 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

View PostRadix, on 10 July 2009 - 12:01 AM, said:

The US versions will start to have "KWA" trades on the slides and the Asia version will continue to have whatever trades they have on there. :)

Soooo... if say someone just purchased and got one of these:
http://www.airsoftex...roducts_id=3725

And it didn't have the KWA trades on the slide, then it's an older model right? It's still the new gas system though right NS2/System 7 though, correct?

One last thing, is the pro shop going to support M226 PTP parts anytime soon?

#5 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

View PostJeremy314, on 16 July 2009 - 12:00 PM, said:

Soooo... if say someone just purchased and got one of these:
http://www.airsoftex...roducts_id=3725

And it didn't have the KWA trades on the slide, then it's an older model right? It's still the new gas system though right NS2/System 7 though, correct?

One last thing, is the pro shop going to support M226 PTP parts anytime soon?

Yes, it is older model but with the same NS2 internals.  The Pro Shop will stock M226 PTP parts but supply chain has been pretty slow because M226 is not a regular scheduled production model.  All available spare parts for the first run were shipped as part of a agency contract.

#6 Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*

Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

View PostRadix, on 16 July 2009 - 12:59 PM, said:

Yes, it is older model but with the same NS2 internals.  The Pro Shop will stock M226 PTP parts but supply chain has been pretty slow because M226 is not a regular scheduled production model.  All available spare parts for the first run were shipped as part of a agency contract.

When will the proshop stock parts for this gun? Mine has been broken for 4 months now, and I can't find parts or a parts list, nor even an exploded diagram for it. I love the gun, but am getting pretty dis-illusioned at the fact I can't seem to get it fixed.

#7 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

View PostAirsoft Junkie, on 25 July 2009 - 03:55 PM, said:

When will the proshop stock parts for this gun? Mine has been broken for 4 months now, and I can't find parts or a parts list, nor even an exploded diagram for it. I love the gun, but am getting pretty dis-illusioned at the fact I can't seem to get it fixed.

What part(s) do you need?

#8 Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*

Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:41 AM

View PostRadix, on 25 July 2009 - 05:07 PM, said:

What part(s) do you need?


I need a hop up bucking, and(not sure what it's called) the block on the back of the slide that the magazine "firing pin" rides on- it's got unusual amount of wear on it and results in weak blow back and it will discharge all the gas due to not traveling it's full intended distance, is whet we think is the problem.

Any help would be MOST APPRECIATED, Radix! Thanks for taking the time.

#9 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

Let me try to locate a parts diagram for the M226 so we can be sure of the needed parts. :)

#10 Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*

Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:14 AM

View PostRadix, on 27 July 2009 - 03:01 PM, said:

Let me try to locate a parts diagram for the M226 so we can be sure of the needed parts. :)


I appreciate it!

#11 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

The M226 diagram is up.  http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=1363

#12 Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*

Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

View PostRadix, on 28 July 2009 - 11:18 AM, said:

The M226 diagram is up.  http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=1363


Awesome!!! Okay, I'm gonna study this for a bit first, but it looks like 17 and 19 for sure... So once I figure it out, how do I go about ordering these parts?

Edit: I see that this gun is still NOT on the proshop site, so I had to ask that.

Edited by Airsoft Junkie, 28 July 2009 - 03:29 PM.


#13 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

View PostAirsoft Junkie, on 28 July 2009 - 03:28 PM, said:

Awesome!!! Okay, I'm gonna study this for a bit first, but it looks like 17 and 19 for sure... So once I figure it out, how do I go about ordering these parts?

Edit: I see that this gun is still NOT on the proshop site, so I had to ask that.

Depending on the part(s) you'll need, I will have to source/locate them for you.  After that a CS rep will contact you directly and complete the order on the phone.

#14 Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*

Guest_Airsoft Junkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

View PostRadix, on 28 July 2009 - 10:08 PM, said:

Depending on the part(s) you'll need, I will have to source/locate them for you.  After that a CS rep will contact you directly and complete the order on the phone.

Thank you Radix for helping me out. Because you were able to post that diagram, I have been working with Nathan in C.S. to try and find those parts.

I need part #8, #17& 19, #32&33, and was curious if #30& 31 were available.

I hope you guys can keep that diagram up.

Thanks,

Mike.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users