3 replies to this topic

#1 FlubberDucky

FlubberDucky

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I currently have 3 standard lm4 mags and the two that i bought separate have been EXTREMELY leaky. I swear they leak every 2 days and i know its a simple fix to tighten up the valves and oil the o-rings and thats what ive been doing, but not this time. Yesterday it happened to both of them at the exact same time so i went in a did my usual clean, oil, and tighten, but this time it didnt work at all. I tried again this time i thought i did better and it still leaked so i tried to tighten it even more and i think i overtightened it now, but it still doesnt hold gas. The leak is just like a normal lm4 mag leak because all the damn spare mags are just complete crap and leak every few days, so its the normal leak from the top where when you put gas it instantly spills out the top. BTW i do use green gas and only green gas and there has only been about 2500 rounds put through my lm4. Also the standard mag that came with my lm4 has never leaked. Can anyone help me?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hi FlubberDucky, sorry to hear these mags are a pain. Maybe your o rings (despite using green gas the whole time) have shrunk. I would suggest to apply a fair amount of pure silicon oil to all o rings that keep the gas pressure maintained. Maybe it's one o ring that is failing to keep normal size and expels the gas. Or, you may have a faulty gas release valve...

Here's a test: put your magazine in room temp. water, and see where the bubbles are coming from. Where the bubbles come from, is the spot where the leak is happening. Hopefully you can report back to us to see where the leak is and we can find a way to stop it from happening.

#3 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

If all fails.  Send the mag back through KWA Helpdesk and we can service the mag.

#4 jonsun81

jonsun81

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

I had this happen once to one of my 5 mags that I have.  I really couldn't explain the leak other than to disassemble, lube and try again.  I did this about 4-5 times and it finally just worked.  Strange but I'm assuming it has to do with the orings shrinking.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa lm4, magazine, leak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users