5 replies to this topic

#1 zacisaacson

zacisaacson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hey,
I have read through the forums and i know it says all ptp models are ns2. But they also say they all have trades. I just got it off ebay and it came today. The manual says ptp on it and the magazines lock at the bottom. The issue that's confusing me is that there at absolutely no trades on the slide of the gun. Not even in black. Did they ever make a lineup without the trades that are also ns2? Thanks in advance.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hey zacisaacson,
I believe there are non NS2 versions of the M9. To make sure you have an NS2 version, check under the jet nozzle located in the slide when you field strip your gun. If the o ring seal is green, it is the NS2 engine, if it is orange, then it is of the older gas engine. Hope this helps!

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

Is KWA licensed to use the Beretta trademarks?  My NS2 M9-PTP has KWA trademarks on both sides of the slide in white.

I was unable to find an "O-ring" anywhere in the pistol or the parts diagram.  Nothing green or orange to be found after field stripping.

The parts diagram older non-NS2 M9 shows what looks like a couple of O-rings, but none in the M9-PTP.

NON-NS2:

Posted Image

NS2 (PTP):

Posted Image

-- Chuck

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

The rubber seal I'm talking about is when you take your slide, strip it of the barrel and recoil spring and slide the gas nozzle forward, revealing what is inside. There will be a colored rubber seal (not the animal LOL) hiding underneath. According to my parts diagram, the main seal I am talking about is part 317.

#5 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

to answer your licencing question, nah. kwa does not have rights to Beretta trades because to do that they would have to go through another company who owns the licence for airsoft..

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Thanks, I didn't realize the cylinder (nozzle) would slide forward with just finger pressure.

My two-week old M9 PTP NS2 has an orange seal ring (part 319) underneath.  Visually matches the parts diagram earlier as does the NS2 seal in my 1911 PTP although it's green.  The diagrams imply the older, non-NS2 pistols have O-rings which are commonly black.

Sorry for the iPhone photos.  But they're fast!

-- Chuck

M9 PTP (NS2) Seal:
Posted Image

1911 PTP (NS2) Seal:
Posted Image

Pair of NS2 PTPs -- and no bogus trademarks.   :)
Posted Image

Edited by Chuck S, 03 September 2012 - 03:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users