• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 azianinvazn

azianinvazn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Today while playing a game I noticed my propane adapter letting out an unnatural amount of liquid propane so i removed it to check if it was making proper seal with the actual tank. I found that there was a bit of loose rust in the lip/nozzle part of the tank. After cleaning it very well i found that the adapter didnt leak liquid propane anymore. But what bothered me is that there was rust in the silicone oil that i wiped out of the tank nozzle. I suspect it got into my mag. Should I be worried? Should i take the mag apart and clean it? Recommendations :(

#2 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

yeah, you should clean it.. but dont worry. chances are if it was fine grain'ed enough to get in, it will get shot out... and definatly allways check your tank for rust before using it.

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Not sure how much silicon oil you use with your propane, but I would suggest taking the whole magazine apart, soaking the main shell of the disassembled mag in soapy water, and giving the insides a good scrub. I suggest soaking all the rubber parts and o rings and seals in 100% pure conola, err I mean silicon! oil. (LOL) Make sure things are soaked in the silicon oil. Then give everything a good wipe down and then reapply some lubricant to those rubber seals and o rings. You should be good to go after that!

#4 azianinvazn

azianinvazn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

Lol, deep fried o-rings! And could you suggest anywhere I can get larger quantities of pure silicone oil online? There aren't many hobby shops around where I live.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

Shipping may cost a lot, so make sure to buy a lot! Many forum members use GHK oil to much success. Here's a link: http://shop.ehobbyas...e-oil-30ml.html

#6 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

If there is rust developing inside of the magazine, you do not want to be dunking the magazine in water.

At any hardware supply store, they sell 'Liquid Wrench Penetrating Oil.' That stuff wipes off rust easily. Just be sure not to get that oil inside your gun though, so clean it thoroughly after using it as a cleaning agent for the rust.

#7 azianinvazn

azianinvazn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

well my main question really is if rust from my propane can gets into the magazine, will it do anything?

and the only way its getting in is in extremely fine particles mixed in with the silicone oil.

Edited by azianinvazn, 31 August 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

View Postazianinvazn, on 30 August 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Lol, deep fried o-rings! And could you suggest anywhere I can get larger quantities of pure silicone oil online? There aren't many hobby shops around where I live.
I would save some hard earned cash and get this in 20-30wt.  See here: http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B0006MZSRW

If you shop around you may get it for less and any brand of pure silicone is fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users