16 replies to this topic

#1 berniethesniper

berniethesniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

i recently got my hopup unit reinstalled with my inner barrel at my local airsoft store. Anyway I got home and put my mag in and my mag is stuck. I cant get it too budge at all. I try to fill it with gas and i feel gas come out of the barrel and can hear it doesnt go into the mag but in the gun....... any suggestions.

Also it is a mark iv sorry...

thanks

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Perhaps your firing pin is depressing your impact block (valve knocker) on your magazine whilst in the mag well... never try to fill your mags with gas while the magazine is in the gun. You could end up with gas wasted like how you are describing. And your magazine is stuck inside the gun? I'd say use an allen wrench to either tighten or unscrew the magazine catch until you get the mag out. Once you do get the mag out, check if there are any burrs or deformities in the space where the mag catch engages the mag. Any burrs or deformities in those places may cause the magazine to remain stuck inside the gun.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 27 August 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#3 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

this happened to an old non-kwa pistol i had.. its because the valve knocker had depressed the valve and become "hung up" on it so to speak.. not sure how to fix it on that model. you would have to call kwa

#4 berniethesniper

berniethesniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

how do i screw/unscrew the mag catch there is no allen key at all on the mag

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

So the mag is stuck right? Lock the slide back, and push the magazine catch button while pushing down on the magazine to get it out. Make sure the safety is off when locking the slide back. The slide won't go back if the safety is on. And if you can't lock the slide, then you are going to have to remove the magazine catch to get the magazine out. You are sure when pressing the magazine catch button the magazine doesn't fall out right?

So, on the right side of the frame, there is a small screw made for an allen wrench. Not sure what size it is tho yet, I would have to check. Once the magazine catch is out, you will be able to get your stuck magazine out of the magwell.

#6 berniethesniper

berniethesniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

i lock slide back press down on mag catch and even tried mag catch and mag release all times pushing my mag out and still nothing. on the right side of my frame there is not at allen wrench hole put a flat nose and it has something to do with my mag release button cuz when i depress my mag release it comes out

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

View Postberniethesniper, on 28 August 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

i lock slide back press down on mag catch and even tried mag catch and mag release all times pushing my mag out and still nothing. on the right side of my frame there is not at allen wrench hole put a flat nose and it has something to do with my mag release button cuz when i depress my mag release it comes out
I apologize, but I don't exactly understand what you mean. Is it possible that you could use correct english because it may be me, but I'm having trouble understanding what you are saying.

Let me try anyway... so by pushing your magazine release button, the magazine came out? (that's what is supposed to happen...)

#8 berniethesniper

berniethesniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

no my mag is still stuck. i tried locking the slide back and pressing down on the magazine catch while pushing down on the magazine to get it out.  but is still wont come out

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

Okay... so there is no screw on the right side of your magazine catch assembly/ right side of the frame of the gun? You will need to tighten this screw to have the magazine catch function properly. If the screw is missing, then that may be the problem.

#10 berniethesniper

berniethesniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

YES THERE IS A SCREW BUT NO ALLEN AND I DONT KNOW WHY MY CAPS IS ON LOL

#11 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

View Postberniethesniper, on 28 August 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

YES THERE IS A SCREW BUT NO ALLEN AND I DONT KNOW WHY MY CAPS IS ON LOL
LOL then unscrew that screw and take the magazine catch assembly off the frame and you'll be able to take the magazine out. I'd post a tutorial, but don't have my tools with me right now... :(

#12 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

i find that sometime's the mag release screw can be very tough to remove. i suggest coating the threads lightly in some Hellmann's real Mayonnaise. this allows the screw to be removed with ease,  and your magazine will fall right out. you can even try leaving the magazine catch out of the gun for a sweet mod to have super fast tac reloads. just make sure when using your pistol you hold it into the gun..

Posted Image

Edited by optimuskmg, 28 August 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#13 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

View Postoptimuskmg, on 28 August 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

i find that sometime's the mag release screw can be very tough to remove. i suggest coating the threads lightly in some Hellmann's real Mayonnaise. this allows the screw to be removed with ease,  and your magazine will fall right out. you can even try leaving the magazine catch out of the gun for a sweet mod to have super fast tac reloads. just make sure when using your pistol you hold it into the gun..
:facepalm:

#14 berniethesniper

berniethesniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

i tried to remove the screw but it only lets you tighten it or loosen it... so cant go any further i really need a tutorial or something idk i just need my 160$ pistol to work.... :(

#15 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

View Postberniethesniper, on 28 August 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

i tried to remove the screw but it only lets you tighten it or loosen it... so cant go any further i really need a tutorial or something idk i just need my 160$ pistol to work.... :(
Try tightening and see if, once tightened, the mag catch can successfully be depressed so the mag will fall out.

#16 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

thats a good idea. outlaw, you might also try giving kwa a call when the open tomorrow. they might have seen this before and know exactly what to do. all mayonnaise jokes aside.

#17 berniethesniper

berniethesniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

still no luck and I don't know what to do with the mayo? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users