what weight bb's are working best for you (.25 - .40 gram)?

kwa lm4 bbs range

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 malik

malik

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

I did the ns2 bucking mod and while it shoots nicely, .25s go straight up after 50'. Will .30s fix this or should I go heavier? I'm finding my mod didn't get the ball bearing to be very changeable, so even at my "off" position they're going up.

Is there an appreciable drop difference from .25 to .30 when tested from the same hop-up position is my question.

#22 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

If its going up at only 50' I don't see it helping much by going with .30g BBs, especially if that's at the off position.

#23 malik

malik

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

So more sanding. =-\ Gonna have to get a bit more aggressive I guess. Boobie's mod really doesn't give an idea of how deep and how far back in to the chamber to go. I already nearly screwed up my hop-up before catching myself.

Using a dremel w/ metal cutting tool. Once I have moneys, will buy the Guarder hop-up, but that'll be a while.

Edited by malik, 16 October 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#24 freon

freon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

malik, switching to .3s won't do much. You'll have to mod your hop some more.

With the bbs I use though...

.3s are the way to go.

Personally I'm using some "generic" .32 bbs that are black in color. I get them unbranded from a local airsoft store and have been using them since I tried them because they are producing incredible results for me.

I like the black bbs because they force me to pay more attention to zeroing my gun out and when shooting, I'm forced to rely on my sights.

Alternatively, when we go into the jungle to play, I switch to Madbull .36's for extra foliage penetration.

Edited by freon, 17 October 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#25 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

I dont have exact measurements of where the grove should go in the hop up or how deep to go.  But if you have a caliper it should be super easy to do so. You just have to taper the inside of it just right..doing it by hand is tricky and getting it precise is hard. A dremel with variable speed will help you achieve that. Dremel a little at a time..put it together and check to see if it adjusts smoothly. And the part you are dremeling out is the "off" position..which would be the deeper end of the groove. Then you taper that around inside of the unit to the original surface appx 1/3 of the way around..and i used a diamond point bit that was round on the end..a cutting wheel is not a good idea
( o Y o )

#26 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Church, Wife, Daughter, Airsoft, Bass Guitar, WH 40K.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

I have been using bioval .30's and have had great results even on my stock hop up. You all that use heavier weight then .30 (.32, .36 etc) have you noticed any max range decrease?

#27 freon

freon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostAsh, on 26 October 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

I have been using bioval .30's and have had great results even on my stock hop up. You all that use heavier weight then .30 (.32, .36 etc) have you noticed any max range decrease?

Over the weekend I switched over from .32s to .36 madbull bbs. (also spent a few hours just zeroing the gun as precisely as I could) All I have to say is DAMN!

My gun was basically point-and-shoot with the bbs being point of aim point of impact for about 100 to 150 feet.

As for heavier bbs increasing/decreasing range, it is highly dependent on your muzzle velocity. If you are running an average of about 300 to 350 fps on .20s, I would recommend going as far as .3s and not more.

#28 SOT_WOLVERINE

SOT_WOLVERINE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

So first post on the forum. I just got my LM4 a few weeks ago and have only been shooting the KSC .25 perfect bbs with fair results. Last night I was working on a few of my guns and decided to do a few test shots with the LM4. I had some leftover WE .36 high precision sniper bbs and some Madbull .43 high precision sniper bbs and thought I would just see what they shot like. I started with the WE .36 bbs. No hop up adjustment and they were flying just as straight out to 100 ft as my .25s if not farther. It was almost dark when i decided to try this so i didnt get to try any other range. I adusted the hop up 3 clicks up and tried the .43s. WOW!!! They flight time didnt sem noticeably different and they were hitting HARD! and shooting flat to 100 ft. I was amazed!

I am off work this weekend and will do more range testing to see if they can actually be shot far enough to play with. But in the dark I was hitting a soda can very consistently at 100 FT. Excellent grouping! I will post again tomorrow and let you all know what I find. With a tightbore, this gun may have some insane potential as a DMR!

Garrett

#29 SOT_WOLVERINE

SOT_WOLVERINE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Correction. Madbull .40 high precision bbs.

#30 okay47

okay47

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:One Two Potato

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

I've been using Goldenball 0.3's.  I've only shot a few times using Bioval's but I'm fairly certain they would perform similarly.

If I'm in an outdoor field using a variable powered scope, 0.3's are definitely the way to go.  I would say you could use it as a potential DMR type setup.  I've used 0.2's before and I noticed considerable variation in groupings when you're shooting at distance.  In CQB settings, 0.2's are no problem.

I've tried the Elite Force 0.32's and I can't really see where my bb's are going (damn my terrible vision).  Overall I'm in agreement with what everyone has been saying, 0.28's - 0.32's are the way to go.

#31 dos_Santos

dos_Santos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

The EF Milsim Max .32's are typically too dark to see, it's not your vision, unless you have bad vision.  But they are hard to see anyway.  FWIW, they are great for breaking the bad habit of following your BB's and really force you to use iron sights/optics. It's what I have been using the last few months.

#32 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Ive been running .28g bbs through my LM4C.Hop has been turned a little past the half way point into the hop adjustment.

#33 okay47

okay47

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:One Two Potato

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postdos_Santos, on 15 February 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

The EF Milsim Max .32's are typically too dark to see, it's not your vision, unless you have bad vision.  But they are hard to see anyway.  FWIW, they are great for breaking the bad habit of following your BB's and really force you to use iron sights/optics. It's what I have been using the last few months.

Yeah I agree if you want to be more realistic, improve regular shooting habits, and not want to advertise your position: brown/black bb's are ideal.  But I'm too lazy to improve myself :P , besides it's just a game.

For me, using a scope and seeing trajectory makes a big difference in how I take the next shot: bb drop and leading the target, etc.  I'm too lazy to actually use my scope properly so I eyeball the trajectory as I take the shot (probably due to bad habits from paintball).  The easiest way in CQB is just using a flashlight since it serves 2 purposes: scaring people and watching your bb's.

I should probably just invest in a tracer unit

#34 dos_Santos

dos_Santos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I hear ya, I feel that BB's are too inaccurate as it is.  I got my first kill last month outdoor with the EF's and it felt good.  With a flashlight in CQC I can still see the EF's.  I need a TU also.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa lm4, bbs, range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users