what weight bb's are working best for you (.25 - .40 gram)?

kwa lm4 bbs range

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 thewolf

thewolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Brazilian Jiu Jitsu,Racing,Break dancing,Body Boarding,Milism,Cooking,Running

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Getting some feed back but no topics out there that have yet address the question so... what weight bb's are working out for you LM4 the best?
Me personally I have been using kingarms green .28's and ics .30's. There both wrking very well with no bb breaks! Has anyone tested out anything above a .30 gram bb? The reason y I'm asking is because I want more range out of my 100 percent stock gun. I'm not looking into upgrading it yet cause it wrks perfect in my opinion and the .28's and .30's fly straight, hit hard, and give me a satifaction I'm looking for from a factory settings on my hop up unit! Personally I'm looking for results on range on .32's,.36's,.40's.

Edited by thewolf, 21 August 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#2 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'm using Bioval .30 gram bbs with a very high effectiveness. I see this being an ideal weight for the stock LM4. It gives a good balance of FPS and range. Although im curious to go one heavier with Elite Force Milsim Max .32s and seeing how those do. But I have plenty of .30's so I won't be trying those yet.

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

I love my KSC Perfect .3's, so accurate its amazing.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

I've been hitting soda cans at 100 or so feet with .25s. Haven't tried .3s yet but I'm sure the heavier the bb you go, the better the LM4 gets.

#5 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

The KWA Staff and myself use KWA .30 perfect bbs.  Those are providing us with amazing results and is what I would recommend.  Normally I'm all for the .25's because usually the .30 bb's cost more, but since the LM4 doesnt waste ammo like an AEG, I'm willing to spend a little more for the premium ammo.

#6 darkbluedean

darkbluedean

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Lakers, Dodgers, Trojans Football, Kings, airsoft, surfing, Cayman, Raptor, E92.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Used KSC Perfect 0.3g BB last weekend and there was notixeable improvement from my 0.25s. as far as accuracy.

#7 TThreat

TThreat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Anyone tried 40s ?

#8 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

i would say .40s would be too heavy. my sr12 shooting 500 fps has trouble holding up that heavy of bbs i find .30s to be perfect for this gun and sr12

#9 Twombles

Twombles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

You'll loose range, fps of course, and over work your hopup using .4gs and .36g bbs. They're just to heavy for the LM4. .3g bb's are perfect I found..and I think .32g might be a nice medium.

#10 jonsun81

jonsun81

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

.30 goldenballs for me, wouldn't go any higher, no need.

#11 thewolf

thewolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Brazilian Jiu Jitsu,Racing,Break dancing,Body Boarding,Milism,Cooking,Running

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

The first day I got my LM4 I used .30's and they did very well. When I go to games/ wars/skrimishes I've been using my .28's for close quaters engagements they do well but as far as range I'm not 100 percent satisfied. I mean they do ok but feel that there's something better out there as far as bb's. Also on that note I don't ever use .25's even when I had my ca lwrc psd m6, only .30's were used. And thought it would be wise to use .28's to break in my barrel since it was new and when I used .30's consistantly my bucking would be a lil use to the weight of a heavy bb, therefore when deciding on using a .32 to .36 my hop up and bucking would be ok for the job. I'm a lil scared on turning up the hop up though because I'm seeing the some ppl are having hop up problems and I'm trying to avoid those problems. Any using .36 at the moment?

Edited by thewolf, 22 August 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

KSC .3's are my go to BB's too!

#13 jonsun81

jonsun81

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Just wondering, are ksc/kwa perfect bbs stepped up their qc?  i used to use them about a year ago and was pretty unhappy with the results.  i used them in various kwa guns and always got fliers every 4-5 bbs and full auto was all over the place.  upon further inspection of the bb i found a dimple on all of them and have since switched to goldenballs.  then again the bbs back then were ksc and not kwa/ksc and after hearing all the positive feedback i may have to try them again.

Anybody have anything negative to say about ksc/kwa bbs?

#14 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

Greg --

Thanks for mentioning your good results with Bioval .30 gram BBS.  My LM4-PTR is still on the truck from California but I shot several hundred of these from my electric KM4-CQB yesterday and had outstanding accuracy out to well over 100 feet with just a tad more hop-up than shooting .25gr.  Hopefully they'll be just as accurate in the gas gun.

-- Chuck

#15 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

LM4-PTR arrived today.  Ran 3 or 4 magazines of the Bioval .30 gram BBS thru her and very pleased right out of the box.  No time to set out some exacting targets as it was still raining but I easily chased stray leaves around the back.  Man-sized targets would be a gimme.

Certainly a different gun then the KM4-CQB.  Right now it's like choosing between my two children!  I really like the gas blow back action of the LM4; the three-round burst electronics in the KM4 would be nice to have in both.  Darn LM4 magazines are back ordered everywhere!

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 27 August 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#16 darkbluedean

darkbluedean

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Lakers, Dodgers, Trojans Football, Kings, airsoft, surfing, Cayman, Raptor, E92.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostChuck S, on 27 August 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

LM4-PTR arrived today.  Ran 3 or 4 magazines of the Bioval .30 gram BBS thru her and very pleased right out of the box.  No time to set out some exacting targets as it was still raining but I easily chased stray leaves around the back.  Man-sized targets would be a gimme.

Certainly a different gun then the KM4-CQB.  Right now it's like choosing between my two children!  I really like the gas blow back action of the LM4; the three-round burst electronics in the KM4 would be nice to have in both.  Darn LM4 magazines are back ordered everywhere!

-- Chuck

Here you go:

http://www.tsunamipr...s-magazin4.html

#17 thewolf

thewolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

Another question did u guys turn up ur hop up or using stock settings like me when using ur .30 grams

Edited by thewolf, 28 August 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#18 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

First impressions of my LM4 with .30s required no hopup adjustment out of the box at about 100 feet, but it was raining and I was lazy.  3-day weekend coming up with lots of time to fool with zeroing and checking trajectories.

-- Chuck

#19 Nitemare

Nitemare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

How much range am I looking to lose by going to .28 or .3 from .25? The range of my gun right now is satisfactory I'd say, hitting almost, if not 200 feet. However, the groupings are rather terrible at the extent of its range. I've got BBs straying up down and all around every couple shots, and the rest are typically a few to several feet away from each other. Not sure if it's a problem with the hop, the BB weight, or a combination.

#20 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

About a week after my August 28 post the accuracy in my LM4 went wild.  KWA replaced the bucking and adjusted the cylinder and all is well again.

In the interim I ran out of Bioval 0.30g BBs and they were out of stock everywhere I knew of.  Tried some Elite Force Milsim Max 0.32g and 0.28g BBs with excellent results.  So it looks like 0.30-ish works best for my guns.  A bottle of 2700 goes fast.  The brown 0.32g BBs blend well in my grass too.

-- Chuck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa lm4, bbs, range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users