6 replies to this topic

#1 FlubberDucky

FlubberDucky

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

I got my lm4 about a month ago and ive put about 2000 rounds through it. I was wondering what silicone oil i should use to lube up the o ring things in the bcg and the mags. I would also like a link to the product because there are so many different products that i dont know which is the recommended one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hi Flubberducky, KWA recommends that you use 100% pure silicon oil, and not that spray stuff. Try to use anywhere from wt 20 to wt 30 silicon oil. Forum members also use GHK oil: http://shop.ehobbyas...e-oil-30ml.html

You can find 100% pure silicon oil at an R/C Hobby shop.

#3 FlubberDucky

FlubberDucky

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 21 August 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Hi Flubberducky, KWA recommends that you use 100% pure silicon oil, and not that spray stuff. Try to use anywhere from wt 20 to wt 30 silicon oil. Forum members also use GHK oil: http://shop.ehobbyas...e-oil-30ml.html

You can find 100% pure silicon oil at an R/C Hobby shop.
Hey thanks a lot for the reply it really helped me out. Sad thing is these guys dont have it in stock and i was about to order :(

#4 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostFlubberDucky, on 21 August 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Hey thanks a lot for the reply it really helped me out. Sad thing is these guys dont have it in stock and i was about to order :(

I would just get 30wt silicone oil. easier to come by and doesn't have to be shipped. I have about the same amount of rounds through the gun and have been using that since it was new and its cycling very well. I like the 30wt because its a bit "stickier" in that I can apply a thin film to the whole Bolt Carrier Group and Charging handle and it wont drip off.

#5 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

im a HUGE fan of the GHK silicon lube, you can find it on evike and most asia stores, works wonders in all mu guns

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

Some forum members also use a Dri Film Lubricant, mainly for the BCG I believe. I think Silicon oil might be better for the O-rings

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostFlubberDucky, on 21 August 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Just in case you are looking.  See here for 30wt shock oil: http://www3.towerhob...1P?I=LXTDT4&P=8

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lm4, silicone, oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users