3 replies to this topic

#1 HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Firearms, Proudly Gaming Since 1978

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

I just bought a M11A1 NS2 with 2 clips for $50 the catch was it would not function, at all. So it was a gamble. Luckily for me after about 10 hours of complete disassemble cleaning with soap and water reassembly and lubricating with dry film lubricant I have it running like a sewing machine. I also rebuild and dunk tested both mags and they are tight as a drum and function properly. You would not believe how thick the old silicone oil was layered on every surface crack and crevice. No wonder it didn't work it was literally frozen in a bath of gelatinized silicone oil. But there is one problem, it takes a whole mag of gas to fire off a full clip of BB's. I know this cant be the norm for a NS2 M11A1? I do know it needs a new bolt the old one is wore out. It literally has deep grooves worn on the inside radius of the bolt and the outside rails it rides on are so worn that the bolt wobbles slightly in the steel insert. The nozzle also needs to be replaced. The nub that pushes the BB's forward is worn down to a sharp angle but amazingly it still feeds BB's on full auto and by the sound of it its running in the 28 BB a second range everyone claims. My question is other than the bolt and nozzle what other parts should I replace that effect gas efficiency and or reliability.

#2 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hey HoneyBadger,

The M11A1 is known to be a gas hog.  Now it really depends on the type of shooting you are doing that will determine how well it will perform.  In optimal conditions you should get about 2.5 mags worth of bb's on semi auto, however if you do a mag dump on auto, you may see about 1.5 mags worth of bbs.  Also consider how narrow and thin the magazine is compared to other Gas SMGs, and you will notice that the mag can not hold the same amount of gas as other SMGS with physically larger magazines.

#3 HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Firearms, Proudly Gaming Since 1978

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Im getting about 1 to 3 BB's shy of a full mag on a mag dump. Thats 20 seconds of green gas in 5 second intervals at 90 degreas alowing the mag to warm up after the fill. I think the wear in the gas system is allowing too much gas to escape per shot.

#4 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hmm... well maybe after you update some of those parts you might see some better gas efficiency.  Just keep in mind the amount of money you spend on the parts and the value of the weapon itself.  The m11A1 is not the most expensive gun out there!  90 degree weather is not the best for gas guns.  Now it will shoot harder which is true, but because the magazine is warmer.  Gas will travel at a faster rate and therefore you loose gas efficiency.  Honestly if you can get a full magazine dump off of one fill, I consider it pretty good considering condition of the M11A1 and other factors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users