• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darkbluedean

darkbluedean

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Lakers, Dodgers, Trojans Football, Kings, airsoft, surfing, Cayman, Raptor, E92.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

The o-ring on both my PMAGs keep coming off.

With an advise from someone, when filling, slowly pull out the can when done. I've tried with no luck, the o-ring still comes off after a fill or two.  Without the o-ring, it leaks when filling.

Any advise?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

Welcome to the forums darkbluedean, you could try buying new o rings... Moondog sells some, http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=33981 or if you want to buy in bulk, you could buy from McMaster-Carr Part Number 9396K102 for size 002 for around the same price Moondog sells his for but for 25 o rings. It's your call, they all work the same.

#3 darkbluedean

darkbluedean

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Lakers, Dodgers, Trojans Football, Kings, airsoft, surfing, Cayman, Raptor, E92.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Sweet, thanks dude! I'm assuming the Moondog o-rings don't fall out easily?  I'll give em a shot.

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

When you fill, make sure you fill directly downwards, perpendicular to the valve. If you press in or release at an angle, it can loosen that o-ring out of position, which causes it to fall out.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

View Postdarkbluedean, on 19 August 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Sweet, thanks dude! I'm assuming the Moondog o-rings don't fall out easily?  I'll give em a shot.
Most non KWA o rings have a tight fit around the kwa gas charging valves, which does lead to them not falling out as easily. But like greatwatermelon said, it may just be the way one fills the magazine, as certain methods will pop the o ring out of the valve.

#6 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

View Postdarkbluedean, on 19 August 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

The moondog orings do not fall out once installed. And they install onto the lm4 fill valve much easier then other gbb mags. Im replacing mine as they fall out. So far 4 of 11 mags that i have have the moondog orings. They are a little expensive but well worth it imo.

Sent from my DROID2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users