14 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

So today I had my first real game experience with my LM4. This being my fist GBBR, and coming from a background where I carried 12 mid caps on my person, I assumed I was going to be outgunned only having six 40rnd magazines.

I was pleasantly surprised when I wasn't. I wasn't playing with inexperience players either as this game was at Fort Ord. I was happy to discover that i could do with about three bbs what it took the average AEG to do with about 20. I had accuracy and range on my side and I am by no means a skilled marksman. But I was as combat effective as I have ever been if not more so.

My LM4 is set up with 12inch Daniel Defense Lite rail, AVG, RSA, front and rear MBUS's, MFT magwell grip, and red dot sight.

As for the function of the gun itself. It chronoed around 380 at the start of the game. Accuracy was mostly consistent. I did notice I had some walking of the bbs and some fliers and droppers. But this is a pretty brand new gun so I'm going to assume the it will "wear in" so to speak. Also it could probably do with a cleaning as I've been messing around in my backyard with it a bunch and have not had a chance to clean it very well.

Unfortunately I did lose one of the silent fill valves in a mag. It blew out when i removed the Green Gas can after filling it. Looks like I need a new fill valve. unless those O-rings are to be found.

Thanks for reading,

Gregory

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Sounds like it worked well for you. Good to hear. Would you field it again over your previous gun?

#3 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

View Postaaps59, on 18 August 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Sounds like it worked well for you. Good to hear. Would you field it again over your previous gun?

It did work well for me. As for fielding it over my previous gun, yes I would.  Previous gun being an SR-10. I just had much more fun with the LM4.

I just finished cleaning the gun and relubing it. I have another game tomorrow. So we will see if the accuracy is any better because my barrel was very dirty.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

Sounds promising!

Anything specific on accuracy for this carbine and airsoft in general?

Accuracy is what I'm looking for since this carbine is marketed as a professional training rifle.  I bought a pure stock KWA KM4-CGB last weekend and while a hoot to shoot (sorry) the accuracy isn't overwhelming, at least not with a new gun.  As you can see by my "member since" information I'm new to airsoft and KWA specifically.  I'm hoping the LM4-PTR will prove accurate enough to cut my 5.56mm expenses and 45 minute drive to the range.

-- Chuck

#5 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

If you're utilizing an airsoft gun for shooting drills I wouldn't go farther than maybe 80' from the target. While the LM4 will hit a 12" plate usually every shot from 150' or so, I'd keep under 100' to reduce the chance of gun and environmental factors.

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Sounds good!  I just placed the order for the LM4.  12" at 50 yards seems like very good accuracy for an airsoft and will certainly meet my training requirements.

-- Chuck

#7 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Greg thanks for sharing! Glad to hear that the LM4 is working great for you at Fort Ord. Playing at Fort Ord a few times myself, the place certainly requires range for a considerable sized field, especially when covering from building to building.

50 yards is very respectable, especially for a gas rifle. I hear many people consider 200 feet a standard for Airsoft, but for the past 8 years of playing, I haven't seen most people at various fields (w/ 400 fps vel. limits) in California, even attain 150 feet accuracy, let alone range.

I've owned many AEGs (not so much GBB's) that many others have, and the lack of range that others have with the same, I have found, is commonly due to the lack of basic maintenance or properly cleaning their barrel and hop up. It's always good to do the basic maintenance and make sure your hop up, bucking, and barrel is free of any dirt or oil.

As for the silent fill valve... you most likely lost an o-ring. You can contact KWA for more of those o-rings.

#8 Twombles

Twombles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

This is also my first GBBR. I had some difficulties adjusting to a GBBR, but I am hooked after using it at a Lion Claws OP recently. I bought my LM4 preorder, when it released it mostly sat in my closet (hop up and compression o ring issues) and I was content with my AEG's. I fixed the issue and used it for the first time in a CQB/Indoor AO at lion claws and could not be happier with my purchase after it's performance at this event. I have adjusted my kit for the GBBR and plan on upgrading and focusing mainly on the LM4 as my primary from now on. My AEG just doesn't do it for me anymore! As long as everything works right..my AEG's will take a back set for CQB games and LC events.

Edited by Twombles, 19 August 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#9 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Just realized i forgot a critical piece of information. I was using Bioval .30g bbs. That is a very important piece of information when range and accuracy readings are taken into account.

#10 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Yeah, I highly recommend precision BBs. I get amazing results with my Lm4 and KSC .3 Perfects

#11 Twombles

Twombles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

I am also using Bioval .3g bbs. Also have KSC .3g bbs. I found the weight and brand are the perfect match for the LM4/

#12 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostTwombles, on 20 August 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

I am also using Bioval .3g bbs. Also have KSC .3g bbs. I found the weight and brand are the perfect match for the LM4/

I prefer Bioval to any other brand at the moment. KSC bbs arent easy to come buy in a store near here. although with the uncertain future of Bioval, when the stock runs out i may switch to Elite Force .32 Milsim Maxxes. I know plenty of people who are happy with their .28's. Plus its always fun hitting harder than the other guy.

#13 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Order the BBs from the proshop, or a popular online retailer.

http://store.kwausa....fectbbs03g.aspx
When they come in stock that is lol

#14 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

View Postaaps59, on 21 August 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Order the BBs from the proshop, or a popular online retailer.

http://store.kwausa....fectbbs03g.aspx
When they come in stock that is lol

I need Bio BB's for all but one field I play at. forgot to mention that.

#15 Jakeedaman21

Jakeedaman21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

Bio bb varieties and quality has been discussed at length in an other thread. Just search a bit and you should find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users