Jump to content


Broken firing pin


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image
Pics explain best so here it is...

Was still functional but swapping out for guarder steel firing pin.

Sent from my DROID2

Edited by BoobieM4H, 17 August 2012 - 05:12 PM.


#2 BENboBEN

BENboBEN

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sparta, MI
  • Interests:Working on my guns. Ford. NASCAR. Metallica. Collecting Zippos. Airbrushing guns and anything else that can be.
  • Country:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hey, i had the same exact thing a couple days ago. Just wondering, when your lookind at from the top, is it the left side, The bolt catch side that that broke. The pin that holds it is differently shaped on one side than the other, just wondering if its a weak point that will cause failures on other peoples guns.

#3 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Guess it's time to buy a Guarder and have it ready on the side, thanks for the heads up Boobie

#4 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostBENboBEN, on 17 August 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Hey, i had the same exact thing a couple days ago. Just wondering, when your lookind at from the top, is it the left side, The bolt catch side that that broke. The pin that holds it is differently shaped on one side than the other, just wondering if its a weak point that will cause failures on other peoples guns.
Yup! You got it...bolt catch side broke..not visible unless you take it apart..i found the guarder firing pin at aex today..lucky me.

Sent from my DROID2

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

View Postakiraspeedstar, on 17 August 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Guess it's time to buy a Guarder and have it ready on the side, thanks for the heads up Boobie
Yup..swoop on those guarder parts..fyi i bought the steel forward assist button..it doesnt fit..not even close. So dont buy it. Its too long and when pinned sticks out of receiver and the spring is visible.

Sent from my DROID2

#6 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 17 August 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Yup! You got it...bolt catch side broke..not visible unless you take it apart..i found the guarder firing pin at aex today..lucky me.

Sent from my DROID2
Ugh dude, I was there last week and almost bought it haha. But I guess if I bought it, you wouldnt have been able to lol

#7 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

View Postaaps59, on 18 August 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Ugh dude, I was there last week and almost bought it haha. But I guess if I bought it, you wouldnt have been able to lol
Aex santa clara? Thats where i got mine lol.

Sent from my DROID2

#8 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 18 August 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

Aex santa clara? Thats where i got mine lol.

Sent from my DROID2
The one near Torrence. I was just in the mood to buy some parts lol




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users