9 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

This is not another leaky mag thread. One of my magazines release valves is not resetting and gas is just passing through when I attempt to fill it.

What do I do about this. Thanks in advance.

Greg
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Interesting, where is the mag leaking from? Top or bottom? Have you tried removing the valve and all? Clearing the threads an making sure there is nothing obstructing the valve? Make sure its tightened properly..

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

So by resetting itself I'm guessing that the button itself is not reseting... which means you should buy another valve. If the valve is resetting, but the gas is still leaking through the gas release port, you need to tighten your gas release valve. If you need to buy another gas release valve, call up KWA and order an LM4 gas release valve since the online pro shop doesn't stock LM4 parts yet. KWA's telephone number is 1-626-581-1777. They are open Weekdays 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (PST). They are closed on weekends and holidays.

#4 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postaaps59, on 15 August 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Interesting, where is the mag leaking from? Top or bottom? Have you tried removing the valve and all? Clearing the threads an making sure there is nothing obstructing the valve? Make sure its tightened properly..

The magazine is leaking from the top directly out of the area where the gas would be released of the valve had been struck by the hammer. No i have not taken the mag apart yet.

View PostOutlaw1995, on 15 August 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

So by resetting itself I'm guessing that the button itself is not reseting... which means you should buy another valve. If the valve is resetting, but the gas is still leaking through the gas release port, you need to tighten your gas release valve. If you need to buy another gas release valve, call up KWA and order an LM4 gas release valve since the online pro shop doesn't stock LM4 parts yet. KWA's telephone number is 1-626-581-1777. They are open Weekdays 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (PST). They are closed on weekends and holidays.

the button is resetting, but gas still flows. ill attempt to fix this tomorrow or Friday as i am going diving tomorrow. would love to have a working mag for my game Saturday.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

View Postgregoryv022, on 15 August 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

the button is resetting, but gas still flows. ill attempt to fix this tomorrow or Friday as i am going diving tomorrow. would love to have a working mag for my game Saturday.
I think you are going to need to tighten your gas release valve. Here's the link to the DIY to tighten the gas release valve on an LM4 standard GI mag: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=8590

#6 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

Just bring it by when you pick up your sniper greg..ill fix it for you. Its the easiest gbb mag to fix and work on.

Sent from my DROID2

#7 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

Thanks Boobie. That would make my life much easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

#8 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, def going to have to tighten that valve. Sounds like Boobies got you covered.
For the future you may want to have a GBB mag valve key, to tighten the release valve. its recommend to have for GBB owners, especially with the LM4.

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

You may need to also take the valve out and relube the o-rings before reinstalling.

#10 gregoryv022

gregoryv022

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

Okay so case close. Boobie helped me out and repaired he mags. Dissasembled them and removed the valves. cleaned, reinstalled. working great.

I do have valve key, but its the Pro Arms one and doesn't reach the release valves on these magazines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users