• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Serious Airsoft

Serious Airsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Well Now the hopup is the least of my problems. I have absolutely no idea what caused it, but now when i pull the trigger nothing happens. I can't dry-fire, shoot, or really anything. I can fill it with gas and nothing will happen. I know it has gas because I press the release valve and gas comes out. Please help.

Edited by Serious Airsoft, 05 September 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#2 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

well the number one thing is to not panic. i would HIGHLY suggest calling the customer support, they would be able to help you and i personally know nothing about the mp9, but the worst thing i have ever done to my guns is panic and start tinkering. the phone number is 1(626)581-1777. let them know, they will be able to help

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

Optimus is right. If you have no clue what is going on, I would suggest that you contact KWA through the help desk. If your MP9 is under warranty, then it's free, but if not, it is $35 for labor (includes most parts) and $10 for shipping costs. KWA goes through a very rigorous inspection afterwards, so just make sure you list all of your problems and they'll get it fixed, and afterwards you get a new 45 day warranty from the factory. Submit an RMA, fill out the forms, and ship out your gun (MAKE SURE YOUR ORANGE TIP IS STILL ON!!) once everything's all set. Here's a link:

kwausa.com/support

Good luck getting that gun fixed!

#4 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

just to cut down on post size, i will only take the important snippet from outlaws post, reading "Optimus is right." and take a moment to realize just how right i really am.

Okay, back to the task at hand, the RMA service is great, even if you have to pay, you know your getting it back in the best shape it will ever be in, and everything will be functioning properly, and its not too.. too expensive.

********EDIT: Great Bacon Tag BTW..

Edited by optimuskmg, 07 August 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#5 Serious Airsoft

Serious Airsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

Well thank you for telling me what to do. My local airsoft store charged me $20 for labor and all the did was till me that my o-ring was out... And thank you for noticing my genius of using the bacon tag... So I'll just send it up to KWA sense they will know what they are doing and won't crap me out on labor or the cost of parts.

#6 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, guns

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

sounds like your disconnector is broke

#7 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

serious, i have had my fair share of sh*tty airsoft labors done, if its a kwa gun. give it to KWA. they know best.

and i suppose unless you have any more problems, (in which case you could just start a new thread) its safe to say case closed! :clap:

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Posto6inferno, on 08 August 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

sounds like your disconnector is broke
Ditto...or the spring to the disconnected needs stretching...

#9 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, guns

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

true gcw totally forgot bout that

#10 Serious Airsoft

Serious Airsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Okay, it has been sent to KWA and fixed. While it was the disconnector that needed to be replaced, I knew that before I shipped it. The reasoning why I didn't go and DIY I because I didn't feel like dabbling with the more tricky parts, mainly because it needs to be glued on afterwards so it does not slip. Plus many things needed to be replaced so that It would have came up with the same price with shipping to what it is now. My total for shipping, labor, and parts is $55 which it would have reached well over because here are the parts that have been replaced: The disconnector with the disconnector spring, a new cylinder that had been updated to this year, new cylinder return springs, hop-up bucking and ball, sear retaining pin, takedown clamp spring, and inner barrel screw all for free. But the only part that costed was the bolt, not the bolt carrier people... And all this plus a 45 day warranty again. Thats FRIGGEN AMAZING KWA! I'll post another update un this as soon as I actually receive it. :)

#11 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Glad to hear things worked out for you Serious! Have fun with your KMP9!!

#12 Serious Airsoft

Serious Airsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Well hopefully the moderators will approve this post, considering they have to be moderated... But either way, I received my KMP9, and upon receiving it has the left post on the rear sight broken. But I talked to KWA and they replaced it for free :) . Although I did run into some problems with the feeding and gas consumption. So I sent it back considering I still had my warranty valid after having it re-entered for 45 days after the previous service. Plus I tried to see if i could have my receivers swapped out for a small cost to have the ranger green instead of black considering I originally wanted ranger green, but I bought it super cheap compared to the price from a store. But hopefully it will be completely fixed when it comes back to me. -Plan to post an update later when I receive it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KWA, KMP9, Bacon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users