9 replies to this topic

#1 Jakeedaman21

Jakeedaman21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Since I have replaced the upper and un-bent the barrel from my past mishap, my FPS on average has dropped by around 40-50 fps total, and then varies from 230-390fps. I have tried numerous stock and Danco #10 orings, but the problem has not changed. With the Danco, I did get an average of 10-15fps higher than the stock o-ring, so I am thinking it may be involved with the hop up?

Ideas or suggestions?

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Now, what do you mean specifically by "Unbent the barrel?"

#3 Jakeedaman21

Jakeedaman21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

The outer barrel was  bent from the impact, and KWA sent me the wrong outer barrel piece. So in hopes of getting it operational for this weekends huge game, I used a vice to put it back straight.

I think my bucking may have been chipped slightly where the nozzle meets the rubber, not allowing a proper seal. I am currently fitting my NS2 bucking from my KZ75 on it in, hopefully this will tell me whats wrong.

Edit:

BAHAHAHAHAHA Victory! I was able to simply drop in a normal NS2 bucking with ball bearing, now I am consistant 410-420 fps!

Hopefully boobie will see this, I was wondering if you recommend cutting it down at all, or just leaving it as is? It seems to be a bit long, and doesn't actually seat perfectly. Also it seems that the inner part that locks into the barrel groove is a bit short.

Edited by Jakeedaman21, 06 August 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#4 jonsun81

jonsun81

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

What?  Did you test its range?  Thought in order for the ball bearing to work you needed to file the hop up some?!

#5 Jakeedaman21

Jakeedaman21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

I have not tested range yet because its already nightfall. I will do that tomorrow in the light, though I suspect that I will have to make a groove. I was able to see my .20's over hop in the waning light, but didn't get to test my .28's.

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Happy to see this was resolved... I dont know if I would bend my barrel though heh, maybe worst case scenario or something. Keep us updated about how the range is and how the hop up continues to performs.

#7 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

You are using lm4 or guarder inner barrel? The barrel cuts are different on both..if its not jamming on anything i would leave the bucking alonne..and if you do cut it shorter i would do the end where the nozzle goes in..but not to much. You still want a good seal around the nozzle

Sent from my DROID2

#8 Jakeedaman21

Jakeedaman21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Its the stock LM4 barrel, I think I will leave it as is. I ordered 2 additional buckings to replace my KZ75s and a spare just in case.

The only thing I bent back was the outer barrel because it was bent an inch right from the snapped receiver incident. I didn't realize how much weight me (190 lbs) plus 8 full PMAGs and gear weighs :)

Edited by Jakeedaman21, 06 August 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#9 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yea the ns2 bucking and all other aftermarket buckings like reaps and guarder fit the ksc guarder barrel fine. In my hop up mod vid i explain why and what i did to make it fit. I have a reaps bucking in mine

Sent from my DROID2

#10 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

I'm kinda wary of the inner barrel.  If there's enough force to swing or bend an outer barrel, the inner barrel is definitely going to have a kink in it.  And unfortunately you can't just clamp it in a vice and hope to the machine god that it unbends itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users