3 replies to this topic

#1 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Well, just yesterday I went to Harbor Freight Tools and picked up that HNBR o-ring kit, and I tested it out the first time today with positive results. It was a little off at first, but when it got worn in a little bit it preformed much better. However as soon as I prepared two mags for full auto dump tests, only a few shots into the first mag, I had a double feed for the first time in approximately 6,500 rounds. I got it out pretty quick with the unjamming rod pretty quickly. I had a look at the hop-up bucking and I was slightly shocked to see something like this:
http://imageshack.us...ornbucking.jpg/

However, originally the bucking looked like this from day one:
http://imageshack.us...orebucking.jpg/

However the accuracy was superb so I figured it didn't really matter. Now it's pretty obvious that the bb's are curving to the left. It's still manageable, but very disappointing.  I can't do anything about it because I can't get the delta ring off to get the barrel out. I'm pretty unhappy that this could possibly be due to a manufacturing error.

Anybody know if it's just lop-sided? Or if that indentation is a tear? I don't know what the bucking looks like. Either way I'll probably have to send it to KWA for replacement, or Boobie for an upgrade lol.

Heads up for crooked buckings. Be gentle with them...

//End Rant.

#2 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

probably due to the jam, my hop up almost got torn from a double feed

#3 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Might me torn..did it chop the bbs when it jammed? Maybe the jagged edge off bb tore it. The bucking is really thin..thinner then any other gbbr bucking ive seen..even the wa /gp buckings. They are very delicate imo..and the nubs that protrude into the barrel could probably easily be torn from a deformed bb or broken bb. Just my .02

Sent from my DROID2

#4 jonsun81

jonsun81

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

So mine looked similar to that first picture and was shooting decent.  boobie actually pointed that out :P, i took apart the hop up and found that for whatever reason my tab was slightly bent thus putting uneven pressure and making the bucking lopsided.  made it straight and im reachng out to 180+ feet :-)  its an easy fix, this was my first time disassembling and assembling the hop up, pretty fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users