9 replies to this topic

#1 Cariza

Cariza

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Just ordered the top rail part# 111-5 ($20) which broke in half after using it for some time without the part #89 which came loose some time ago. Also ordered a replacement hop up bucking part #98 ($7) since I'm having the "no hop" issue and bbs rolling of the barrel.

All parts in stock and great service like always. I was told that most replacement parts are in stock so good news.

Now just need the aftermarket guys to start releasing mods so I can start my DMR build!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

What type of mods do you need/want for your DMR build?

#3 Cariza

Cariza

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

View Postaaps59, on 31 July 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

What type of mods do you need/want for your DMR build?

A better hop up bucking to handle heavier BBs that doesn't require extensive mods. Thats what I'm most interested in since after around 1000 rounds my hop up started giving me problems.

Tight bore barrels and a higher fps bolt would also be nice. I recently shot a WE G39 with stock 500mm barrel and 500+ fps from factory and with .30 bbs really out ranged my LM4.

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Well, what weight BBs are you using? And what brand?
TBBs are on their way, from EdGi. Theyll be available through KWA soon.
KWA has a high FPS bolt, but its only available to law enforcement currently (and probably forever).

#5 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

velocity will increase with the increase of barrel length.  Although the weight of the BB plays a role in its exit velocity, when dealing with gas guns  gas expansion properties are the primary driving factor behind the FPS.  I've played around with an extended inner barrel with an mp9, and we got it to shoot like 550+, with the stock bolt.

#6 Cariza

Cariza

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

View Postaaps59, on 31 July 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Well, what weight BBs are you using? And what brand?
TBBs are on their way, from EdGi. Theyll be available through KWA soon.
KWA has a high FPS bolt, but its only available to law enforcement currently (and probably forever).

I'm using Golden ball .28s with the modified rocket valve shooting 460fps with .20s. I tried using higher weight bbs but the hop up wouldn't give enough spin for lift at the max setting. I'm changing to a new bucking but I think it will stop functioning properly after a while like the one that came with the gun.

I'm happy with the fps now after the rocket valve mod but an adjustable or quick change bolt for low/high fps would be nice too.

#7 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Unless you make your own bolt set up. Perhaps by buying a second normal bolt off of KWA, then modifying it to suit you. I dont really see the option of a KWA low power bolt or high power bolt coming soon.
What I mean exactly though, is buying a new bolt with the internals and all from the pro shop, then modifying the valve and or other bolt internals to be either CQB ready, or DMR ready. Then you could just drop in your own, custom made LPB or HPB.

#8 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Yea these new hop up units arent made to handle heavy bbs or thousands of rounds in my opinion. Like ive said before..that metal tab in the hop up unit is too thin and flimsy to be durable and consistent. Only way to have a good hop up is to do the ball bearing mod.

Sent from my DROID2

#9 Jakeedaman21

Jakeedaman21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

If anyone is planning to buy a replacement outer barrel, front or rear portion, be VERY careful when ordering. On the original LM4 the parts numbers for front and rear are the exact opposite as on the Magpul edition. I ordered the rear portion to replace my bent one and they sent me the front, when I called and said they sent the wrong part  they sent me a picture saying that it wasn't. Blarg.

Next time the guy who writes the manual and parts numbers should check with the one who wrote it for the original/base gun. Another 2 weeks that my gun is useless while KWA figures this one out.

#10 Cariza

Cariza

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the heads up on that manual issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users