• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SpartanOps

SpartanOps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

hey guys so i recieved my MP7 in the mail a few days ago and overall it's a fantastic gun but after using it one time the safety doesn't work i can still pull the trigger and the gun acts as if it's in single fire mode even on safe if anyone would be kind enough to give me some tips on how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hi SpartanOps (I like the name, play Halo? lol), welcome to the forums. Have you checked if the safety lever is all the way up, and that you know the safety is engaged by the audible click it makes? Sometimes, with my old MP7, it wouldn't stay in safe securely, and I'd have to push the safety lever bar up a little bit to ensure the gun was on safe. Try pushing up on the safety bar lever and see if it stays on safe.

#3 SpartanOps

SpartanOps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

yes i've tried that i can't push the lever up any farther is my only option to send it in for a fix or is there any way i can fix it myself?
and thanks for the compliment can't wait for halo 4

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostSpartanOps, on 29 July 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

yes i've tried that i can't push the lever up any farther is my only option to send it in for a fix or is there any way i can fix it myself?
and thanks for the compliment can't wait for halo 4
You've got three options: you can try to fix it yourself, send it in, or try to get a local shop to fix it for you. Let me look at a parts diagram to see if there are any other possibilities and get back to you.
On another note, I was afraid Halo 4 was going to take a turn for the worse, since it is being made by 343 Industries under Microsoft, and not by Bungie, but after seeing some gameplay footage, I have been convinced, and I can't wait as well... :)

#5 SpartanOps

SpartanOps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

thanks i really appreciate all the help. and i have all the halo games (including halo wars) and for the most part i love all of them Halo is my all time favorite series i even pre ordered the halo 4 xbox and limited edition cause i'm a tryhard like that lol anyway thanks again :)

#6 ManateeMatt

ManateeMatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

So I am having the similar issues.  If I hold the safety up all the way it stays on, but if I let it go of the lever then pull the trigger, it doesn't say on safe.  

Any ideas what part might be giving me the issue?  It doesn't affect functionality, but it kind scared me the first time I found out.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

So after looking at a parts diagram, I think I may have a diagnosis. Question, so your safety lever just falls? Or does it click and stay in place? If your safety lever DOES NOT click into place, I'm thinking you need a new part 66 (selector lever sleeve plunger) and part 67 (plunger spring). If your selector switch does click in place and stays there, then you may have a different problem... if that's the case, I'm thinking part 65 (transfer bar elevator) and/or part 59 (trigger transfer bar) is somehow not working. If it's the former case, I'd suggest just calling KWA up and ordering the new pieces. If it's the latter, I'd recommend sending in your gun.

#8 ManateeMatt

ManateeMatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

As much as I would love to send my gun in and make it someone else problem. stupid Canadian import laws means I more than likely wont get it back.  

I would agree with part 65 and 59.  Time to start getting parts to see if i can fix it.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostManateeMatt, on 03 August 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

As much as I would love to send my gun in and make it someone else problem. stupid Canadian import laws means I more than likely wont get it back.  

I would agree with part 65 and 59.  Time to start getting parts to see if i can fix it.
Have you considered calling KWA and asking a Tech for advice?

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

View Postgcw360, on 04 August 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Have you considered calling KWA and asking a Tech for advice?
That's a good idea actually... KWA can do that? :)

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 04 August 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

That's a good idea actually... KWA can do that? :)
You can speak with a Tech if they are not busy with a repair or customer.

#12 Telecom67

Telecom67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hello, I've had my MP7 for about a year and one day when i come to pull up the safety I couldn't, it seems to be stuck at Semi-Automatic and Automatic, Can i get some advice so i can fix or replace the situation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users