5 replies to this topic

#1 N8tivechan

N8tivechan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Posted Image

Remove that MEtal Bushing, it will allow the gearwork to mesh properly and Allow the Burst Fire, Semi, Full auto to Work as Designed. The metal Ring does not allow the Trigger bar to mesh properly with the *Burst Claw* leading to unwanted operation, and misfires, or not to fire at all.

NOTE: I have done this to my personal M93r about an hour ago, and fired 4 mags through, and it functions like its supposed to with undue operation. My only possibly concern is wear on that plastic stud, but for now i do not see any wear on the plastic *holder pin*

Just a Airsoft Tech in the middle of no-where helping out the airsofting community as much as they can.

I would only suggest this if you bought used or your warrentte has expired. I DO NOT KNOW THE TERMS FOR NEW GUNS, Should an different part fail..... but Posting this for the greater good and not to extort Private emails/possible scams.

Edit. Picture is shifted to the right by 90 degrees.... Seems KWA boards dislike Imgur web hosting.

Edited by N8tivechan, 27 July 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#2 airsofter

airsofter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

amazing discovery you have found N8tivechan !

I seriously love this pistol. The full auto mode problem that plagued this pistol, as well as the igonrance of KWA representative, discouraged me from purchase. I understand the KWA representatives could not make any implication that their company product is at fault. Its company policy and they are just protecting their jobs. However, I sincerely hope that KWA would actually acknowledge the problem internally and let the engineering team to do a slight modification to resolve the unreliability issue entirely.

It is the ring of damnation that caused all these nightmare to owners of M93R. This gives me hope and encouragement of buying it again but it also comes with the great concern of part durability due to removal of that "ring". :cry:

This is my first post and I really appreciate your well-thought suggestion and share it with all members here.

Would any members with deep knowledge of technical airsoft skills point out the potential consequence of removing this "ring"  ?

Thank you very much N8tivechan :thumbsup:

#3 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Let's petition for a recall........................

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

The ring acts as a bearing surface for the burst ratchet.  As stated, if you remove the part, it will cause undue wear on the frame.  4 magazines doesn't show enough information to warrant a replacement or rapid redesign of a functioning pattern that's existed for as long as it has.  And looking at guns that are still functioning 4-5 years outside of their life expectancy, I would say the design is fairly sound.

From a technician's viewpoint, replacing a frame costs a lot more than a small ring.  I'm interested in hearing more details about your gun.  Because of all the moving bits and bobs, there's a load of things that can go awol with this gun and 98% of them can be remedied at home.  But that ring is not the thorn in the side you're looking for.

#5 airsofter

airsofter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostSpiggy, on 30 July 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

The ring acts as a bearing surface for the burst ratchet.  As stated, if you remove the part, it will cause undue wear on the frame.  4 magazines doesn't show enough information to warrant a replacement or rapid redesign of a functioning pattern that's existed for as long as it has.  And looking at guns that are still functioning 4-5 years outside of their life expectancy, I would say the design is fairly sound.

From a technician's viewpoint, replacing a frame costs a lot more than a small ring.  I'm interested in hearing more details about your gun.  Because of all the moving bits and bobs, there's a load of things that can go awol with this gun and 98% of them can be remedied at home.  But that ring is not the thorn in the side you're looking for.

thank you for your knowledgeable analysis, I recall seeing someone posted another solution to fix this problem. Check the link below. see post from member zippomb.

http://www.airsoftca...wa m93r problem

Edited by airsofter, 01 August 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Part #16 can be found in the KWA Proshop, we've been offering this spare part for well worn pistols in case the slide is starting to lose headspace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users